Salesforce Junior Software Engineer at Pinnacol Assurance
Pinnacol Assurance does just one thing, and does it better than anyone: provide caring workers’ compensation protection to Colorado employers and employees. Although employers are required by law to provide Worker’s Comp insurance, we believe our service is making a meaningful impact in worker’s lives across Colorado in their moments of need.
We have big hearts and love big ideas. We’ve been around for over 100 years, but don’t let that fool you. Pinnacol is committed to taking care of Colorado employers and workers in the most innovative of ways! We celebrate continuous improvement, new ideas, compassion, teamwork, integrity and excellence.
With our number one priority to keep everyone safe, along with the heart of Pinnacol’s “culture of caring” to do what is right and not what is easy, we’re currently having our team members work from home. During remote work, we’re still making time for fun! We host virtual painting classes, virtual yoga and Zumba classes, and virtual happy hours!
What you’ll do:
As a Junior Software Engineer you’ll be responsible for the designing, implementing and delivering Salesforce software components in collaboration with other Software Engineers on our Salesforce Development Team. Participate in the solutions to technical problems and ensure the delivery of quality software on time.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need an understanding of the software development lifecycle and Salesforce/Apex.
What you can expect:
- Participate in writing efficient programs that satisfy business requirements and follow applicable coding standards
- Be able to individually contribute to a team with a focus on learning the processes, patterns, and standards in place
- Maintain code to enhance functionality, improve efficiency and replace malfunctioning or obsolete code, following team standards and defined patterns
- Assist with efficiently and accurately identifying system or program problems, and proposing pragmatic solutions
- Test programs to ensure they meet business requirements and functionally work well, following testing standards
- Participate in deployment and configuration management processes as necessary
- Document code in a way that can be understood and maintained by other Software Engineers.
- Proactively learn and grow skills to continue to support the team progression
- Perform other duties as assigned
What you need to be successful:
- Understanding of software development cycle; meaning having the knowledge and ability to design, develop and implement the standards and best practices for software development.
- Must have knowledge of team specific technologies, such as Salesforce/Apex, or other technologies dependent on team and business needs
- Adaptation: Ability to adjust to changes in the workplace
- Communication: Ability to listen to others and convey ideas effectively and foster open communication.
- Innovation: Ability to generate novel solutions and creative ideas in order to identify system or program problems, and propose pragmatic solutions
- Teamwork: Ability to work effectively with people and cooperate with others
Our employees are extraordinary and committed to making a difference. Here’s some of the ways we show our appreciation.
- Our benefits go beyond the basics. You’ll get to choose from diverse benefit offerings for medical, dental and vision.
- We care about each other. We enjoy a positive, collaborative work environment. We are hard workers and high performers.
- Take a day (or 20!) off. Enjoy 20 paid days off your first full year plus 9 paid holidays.
- Take care of yourself. Sign up for unique wellness programs, including on-site, company-paid fitness facilities and classes
- Get your learning on. We promote a learning culture to help you master your current job and cultivate the skills of the future through a variety of on-site, online, and off-site professional development opportunities.
- Give back and get paid. Through our employee volunteer program, Pinnacol in Action, employees receive paid time off to volunteer with Colorado nonprofits.
- Share in our success. You’ll have the opportunity to earn a quarterly incentive, up to 20 percent of your annual base salary, when your team exceeds their goals and objectives.
When we find the right person, we try to put our best foot forward with an offer that excites you. We consider what you’d like to be paid, the skills and experience you bring, what similar jobs pay in the Denver area and make sure there’s equal pay for equal work among those you’ll be working with. When meeting the requirements, the minimum of what you can expect for this position is $59,600.00. The actual offer will vary depending on the candidate's skills and competencies.
Want to love your work? Apply today!