At Housecall Pro, we're committed to making the everyday lives of home services professionals better by providing solutions that support their paths to success. Our core SaaS software platform runs all aspects of a home services business, including scheduling, dispatching, job management, invoicing, payment processing, and marketing. Housecall Pro will be there to help these businesses that keep America’s homes working navigate the transition to technology adoption.
Housecall Pro was founded in 2013 and has raised over $50M in venture capital funding to date. With over 200 employees in the US, we are growing our organization commensurate with our business opportunity and expect significant headcount growth in 2021.
The role: Salesforce Developer
As a member of the Internal Tools team, you will be one of our key technical leaders responsible for the plumbing of the customer journey. We strive to provide the front-line sales and support teams with the right information at the right time about our customer, so they can champion them to success. This includes the architecture, development, and maintenance of our Salesforce instance. You will be responsible for developing workflow features and technical capabilities within Salesforce and related data, services, and applications. You will be highly familiar with our core data models and APIs in Salesforce and internal data systems and how Leads, Opportunities, Accounts, Contacts, and Custom Objects map to the customer journey in our Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success groups. You will play a leadership role in iteration planning and backlog management while driving the implementation and delivery of development projects and working directly with other technical leaders, operational leaders, and other stakeholders.
You'll be expected to grow your technical skills and knowledge of the Salesforce platform, learning new Salesforce products and technologies as the team is implementing them. You will also be expected to train, coach, and mentor others on the team and at the company. For some projects, you may also work full-stack on Housecall Pro’s internal development platform. Your projects will require the creation of new components, data models, and APIs, as well as the addition of new functionality to existing components, data models, and APIs.
Our team is extraordinary. We’re a hardworking and focused team driven to deliver industry-leading apps to our service professional customers. Our success is their success. Our entrepreneurial, enthusiastic and client-focused team members are the "engine room" of Housecall Pro, helping our customers operate and to grow their businesses.
What you’ll be doing
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle including functional analysis, development, prototyping, coding, testing, deployment, and support.
- Significantly improve the workflow for the front-line sales and support teams who interact directly with our Customers.
- Develop high-quality, scalable applications with Visualforce, Apex, and Lightning Components, as well as declarative- and configuration-driven development.
- Work directly with Housecall Pro’s software engineers to understand data deliverability and technical limitations.
- Work in the Salesforce development environment which includes custom objects, workflows, triggers, the Force.com IDE, migration tools, SOQL and web services/Rest APIs.
- Integrate Salesforce with other systems, including SaaS applications from other vendors, REST APIs, event-driven systems, or data warehouses.
- Apply best practices and design patterns to build applications on the Force platform.
- Lead the technical planning and design for large-scale projects.
- Provide technical mentorship and feedback to other team members and their projects.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent program/technical credentials
- Ability to work at a fast pace with a drive to quickly deliver value to users of our internal tools/systems and our end customers
- Salesforce Certified System Architect, Advanced Developer, Platform Developer, etc. and advanced proficiency with Apex code in triggers and controllers
- 3+ years of experience with Salesforce Web Services APIs - Force SOAP, REST-based Web Service APIs, Bulk API, and Metadata API
- Experience integrating Salesforce with 3rd party system using Web services and Appexchange apps, and helping to decide what is built within Salesforce vs. what is built custom
- Experience with data and schema management (structured DBs, SQL and RDBMS technologies, and SOA design principles)
- Understanding of object-oriented programming theory
- Demonstrated experience building business applications and capabilities with Sales Cloud and Service Cloud
- Experience with the operation of Salesforce instance for large Sales & Support teams - SMB SaaS a plus
Compensation - $100,000 to $120,000 OTE
Why Housecall Pro
- Housecall Pro is a mission-driven company - Champion the Pro to Success.
- We save our home service professionals time, and help them, in turn, to delight their homeowner customers.
- We are tackling a large market ($700b+) generally underserved by technology and unencumbered by a dominant competitor.
- We have fun at work. Really.
- Competitive compensation and benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, disability, employee assistance program, 401K)
- Our passionate employees bring their authentic selves to work. Housecall Pro employees are encouraged to create employee resource groups to make the world better.
- Equity in a growth stage startup backed by top-tier VCs.
- Paid holidays and self-managed (unlimited) paid time off.
Housecall Pro celebrates diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees with equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Housecall Pro is an equal opportunity employer; committed to an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.