Salesforce Developer at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
What You'll Be Doing
- The Salesforce Developer will interface directly with Business Users and Analysts to understand and document business requirements, to define the solution architecture, to create technical specifications/documents, and to design, develop, & implement solutions focused on the Salesforce platform, in order to meet the Business’ needs.
- This role requires an open communication style and collaboration, being both customer-centric and service minded, and able to interact with all levels of users (End Users/Executives), Analysts, & technical colleagues, creating consensus and clear strategy where appropriate.
- Takes business requirements and applies the iterative Agile development process in order to rapidly create functional prototypes and release the final product.
- Understand business requirements and translate these into technical solutions
- Produce technical requirements and design documents
- Troubleshoot current integrations, issues with Salesforce APIs (REST/SOAP/MetaData, etc.), Apex, Visualforce - including internal communication and providing guidance on best practices
- Design and manage the execution of test plans and ensuring a quality solution is delivered
- Research new technologies as they relate to Salesforce features
What We Are Looking For
- Extensive experience in developing on Force.com (Apex, Visualforce and Lightning)
- A thorough understanding of web services, data modeling, and enterprise application integration concepts, including experience with enterprise integration tools (ESBs and/or ETL tools), and common integration design patterns with enterprise systems (e.g. ERP, DWH)
- Design and create the underlying data structure and data flows to support the application build
- Design and build web & mobile interfaces on the Force.com platform using Visualforce, Apex and other available tools
- Ability to deliver integration projects using established integration technologies (SOA, ODI)
- A thorough understanding of Java technologies, XML, SQL, and Object-Oriented Design Patterns and MVC framework
- Expertise with data extraction, transformation and load tools
- Hands on experience with developing Web Services (SOAP and REST)
- Expertise with relational database languages (SQL or SOQL)
- Previous experience developing applications for sales cloud features like Lead to Cash
- CRM domain knowledge & Salesforce Admin Activities
- Comfortably able to work with a variety of development tooling, including Force.com IDE, Illuminated Cloud, Ant migration tool, and others
- Experience employing problem-solving skills with the ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment either on a team or as an individual contributor
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a 4 year Bachelors’ degree; or 5 years related experience and an Advanced degree; or equivalent experience
- Candidates with Salesforce certifications are preferred – Administrator, Platform Developer, Sales, Service and Community cloud.
- Good understanding of Database technologies such as SQL, PL/SQL and relational database schema design
- Ability to define and deliver custom Force.com enterprise applications
- Working experience on driving quality practices within organization
- Experience in an Agile development environment + onshore/offshore model
- Technical writing and documentation experience a plus
- Experience with Eclipse IDE and ANT
- Familiarity with SAML 1.1 / 2.0 and OAuth
- Ability to present program strategy to internal and cross team members
What’s In It For You
At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That’s why we offer competitive financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a solid benefits package.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Deeply discounted RTD Passes, with convenient office location off RTD Light Rail (Dry Creek Exit)
- On-site Café with Catering Option for Busy Lifestyles (availability subject to COVID-19 office guidelines)
- 24/7/365 On-site Gym and Lockers, Free for Use to All Employees! (availability subject to COVID-19 office guidelines)
- And more!
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)