Salesforce Developer at LogRhythm
LogRhythm, a Thoma Bravo company is a world leader in NextGen SIEM, empowering thousands of enterprises on six continents to successfully reduce cyber and operational risk by rapidly detecting, responding to and neutralizing damaging cyberthreats. LogRhythm’s technology serves as the foundation for the world’s most modern enterprise security operations centers (SOCs), helping customers measurably secure their cloud, physical, and virtual infrastructures for both IT and OT environments. Built for security professionals by security professionals, the LogRhythm NextGen SIEM Platform has won countless customer and industry accolades.
Who we are looking for;
LogRhythm is seeking a Salesforce Developer in our Global Information Systems (GIS) team at our corporate office in Boulder, CO. This individual will be responsible for driving timely, valuable, and well-architected Salesforce solutions across all LogRhythm business units. This position will report to the Director of the team and will not be responsible for resource management to enable the right candidate to effectively execute the development efforts.
As a Salesforce Developer, you will be an essential member of the cross-functional team that delivers Salesforce technical solutions and operational maintenance across all business units. You will have the opportunity to be an instrumental member within the GIS team’s adoption of processes and practices that promote operational efficiencies.
The ideal Salesforce Developer will thrive on the team’s success in producing high-quality results while operating within our Agile framework and DevOps practices, supporting our mission of approaching solution delivery by way of configuration over code.
- Salesforce Products (Service Cloud, Sales Cloud, CPQ, Community Cloud)
- Salesforce Development (VS Code, Salesforce CLI, Developer Console)
- Salesforce Declarative Tools (Flows, Process Builder, Workflows, Approvals)
Here’s an overview of the responsibilities & challenges ahead;
- Collaborate with Technical Program Manager and CRM team to support effective requirements gathering, refinement, testing, and delivery of development requests.
- Translate business requirements into acceptance criteria and well-architected solutions that best leverage the Salesforce platform.
- Actively contribute in technical design sessions, effort estimations, and document technical solutions aligned with business objectives; identify gaps between current and desired end states.
- Perform high-impact development (configuration or code) to solve complex problems, reduce technical debt, and implement best practices that sustainably achieve strategic business objectives.
- Assist with implementing of test automation strategies within the team.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Can collaborate with stakeholders to define requirements, estimate deliverables, and set expectations for development tasks.
- Proven ability to design, build, optimize, and release effective Salesforce solutions, both declarative and programmatic, that sustainably achieve desired business outcomes.
- General understanding of branching strategy, environment management, and deployment methodologies.
- Experience and ability to implement test automation strategies and support of QA practices.
- Familiar with advanced programming concepts including core design patterns, limits and “bulkification”, efficient and reliable trigger handling, asynchronous operations, and effective unit testing.
- 2+ years of Salesforce platform developer experience.
- Active Salesforce certifications or ability to obtain on-hire.
- Expert knowledge of Salesforce Service Cloud; General knowledge of other Salesforce products; Sales, CPQ, and Communities.
- Results-focused and exhibit commitment to goals and consistently deliver results
- A team player who works effectively and cross-functionally with the global marketing, sales team, and leadership.
- Enthusiastic: a fun and energetic contributor to a great culture.
Workplace equality and inclusion are not just words or topics for LogRhythm, they are part of our core values, beliefs, and essential to our culture. We hire the best of the best and do not discriminate based on race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or other personal factors. LogRhythm was built on the principals of innovation, dedication, creativity, and commitment. It is through these essential areas we were able to grow as an equal and inclusive workplace, one where our employees feel respected and safe in.