Scaled Agile, Inc., (https://www.scaledagile.com) is the provider of SAFe®, the world’s leading framework for enterprise agility.
Through learning and certification, a global partner network, and a growing community of over 300,000 trained professionals, Scaled Agile helps enterprises build better systems, increase employee engagement, and improve business outcomes.
Based in Boulder, Colorado, Scaled Agile is a member of the Pledge 1% corporate philanthropy movement, SAI contributes to the local community and seeks to inspire and encourage other companies to the same purpose.
Overview of the position
In our new role Scaled Agile, Inc. is looking for an experienced Salesforce Developer to join our growing technology team in our Boulder office.
This is an opportunity to get in on the ground level of a fun, growing development team doing cutting edge work on the Salesforce platform.
What you’ll be doing:
As a part of the Information & Technology team, you will have a key role in designing, developing, and maintaining cloud applications built on the Salesforce platform used by over 180,000 Scaled Agile customers and our employees.
Our team supports a heavily customized customer-facing Salesforce community built on the Salesforce Lightning Community (Napili), as well as internal Salesforce solutions.
This role requires regular collaboration with stakeholders and developer peers creating technology solutions for our platform and web properties.
Skills and experience that are important for the role
- Minimum 3 years experience developing on the Salesforce platform including:
- Apex / SOQL
- The ability to write readable and maintainable code, because we all have to support it.
- A solid understanding of Salesforce governor limits and how to develop solutions within those restrictions. For example:
- You shall bulkify all the triggers.
- You shall not perform SOQL queries in loops.
- The ability to effectively troubleshoot production issues. We love our support team and they love us. Also refer to point on maintainable code.
- The ability to create maintainable solutions with proper unit tests, not just code coverage. Unit tests are our friends, they give us confidence to make changes, and they tell us when we unintentionally break things.
- Experience with Git. Our developers don’t use change-sets for code migration, we use Git and Jenkins. If it’s not in Git then it doesn’t exist.
- Excellent communications skills, and a willingness to partner with collaborators to discover the right solutions. Yes, we want you to work with people. Lucky You!
- Empathy for customers and business users. We work hard to develop and maintain trust with all stakeholders.
- Ability to work on a small team. We’re a close-knit group of awesome technologists.
- Experience in agile team practices. Agile is what we do, and we are strong believers.
- A willingness to learn new technologies. We want you to grow in the areas that interest you the most and will provide you with those opportunities.
Nice to haves:
- Experience in developing solutions on Salesforce Lightning Communities.
- Good eye for UI design
- Knowledge of related Salesforce products such as CPQ
- Experience with CI tools
- Experience with cloud providers like AWS and containerized solutions like Docker
- Understanding Domain Driven Design
- Experience with Wordpress and similar CMS technologies
- Open to pair programming
Where you’ll be working:
This position is located in our corporate headquarters in Boulder, CO.
Why Scaled Agile?
We are a growing organization with a proven revenue model and a serious opportunity to be the global market leader in software and systems development knowledgeware.
This is a place for people who love technology environments, geek out on Methodologies and are always thinking about how things can be improved.
We are a group of seasoned professionals and systems thinkers who are passionate about our mission of helping the biggest organizations in the world improve the way they produce software and creating real value. We're profitable, we're agile.
If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute to the direction and success of a vibrant business we'd love to hear from you. Please provide a resume, a web portfolio link and a few thoughts on why you think you’d be a great fit. We still read cover letters.