Salesforce Developer at Hotel Engine (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Hotel Engine is the world’s largest Lodging Performance Network, established to create a richer, more rewarding business travel experience by connecting a global network of businesses and lodging partners. Our innovative travel-tech company is on an incredible growth trajectory and will continue to build on our strong foundations by bringing our customer obsession, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision we make.
In December of 2021, we closed our series B funding round with a $1.3 billion valuation, and that’s just the beginning. We expect 2022 to be our best year yet.
Working hard behind the scenes building and supporting our platform are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams to our fast-growing sales, supplier, and member support orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams.
We value our individuality, and we also understand that together, we thrive. Most importantly, we know we’re not for everyone! We’re focused on finding the right people who are energized by our culture, with diverse experiences and backgrounds that will help us unlock our full potential. Complacency doesn’t live here. We’ve built a team of world-class people who really want to work with other world-class people. Click here to view our DNA, and if you like what you see, please, read on!
Hotel Engine, a startup based in Denver, is a leader in travel tech with a demonstrated track record of growth and impact. Our foundations are strong, and we’ve navigated the COVID-19 crisis by bringing our customer obsession, innovative platform, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision. By partnering with tens of thousands of businesses and government agencies and hundreds of thousands of hotels around the world, we have built a resilient and adaptable business model and 2021 will be our best year yet. Working hard behind the scenes are exceptional people - from our large engineering and product teams, to our fast-growing sales, supplier and traveler experience orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams. As individuals and together, we show our DNA every day with our curiosity, will-to-win, ownership, and high standards.
We are looking for a Salesforce Developer to join our Business and Sales Operations team. This is a key position on the team to help us continuously improve and enhance our Salesforce platform, guided by Sales Operations Leadership and in collaboration with other Salesforce Developers on the team.
Our Salesforce instance plays a central role to our business. The position requires rigor and keeping the best interests of the wider organization in mind when composing and deploying new code. We are looking for someone who is a self-starter and open to learning best development practices from the rest of the team. This role comes with tremendous learning and growth opportunities in a fast-paced startup environment.
Here's what you'll do:
- Develop and maintain Apex (classes and triggers), Lightning Components, and Visualforce to extend Salesforce to support business requirements
- Adapt and update Salesforce architecture as needed to maintain continuity of operations and support the growth of the business
- Application development, including basic Visualforce pages/Lightning pages, Lightning Web Components
- Assist with each release cycle to implement and deploy new/updates to existing applications and code
- Work with integrated applications such as Outreach.io, Conga, Gong, Zoominfo, and proprietary/internal applications
- Testing and debugging in support of deployment
- Coordinating UAT testing and acceptance by stakeholders
- Striving towards coding best practice adoption and data quality
- Contributing to technical documentation
Here's what we’re looking for:
- Salesforce product knowledge and 3+ years of Salesforce development experience
- Competency in HTML, XML, Flex, ASP, SQL, Java or C++, REST and SOAP-based web services
- Working knowledge of Heroku & Heroku Connect
- A proactive mindset to Salesforce enhancements
- Experience working in an agile or scrum environment
- A good work ethic, ready to absorb best practice from the team
- Developing solutions with best practice front of mind
- Ability to interpret technical specifications & create technical documentation
- Certified Salesforce Platform Developer I
- Bachelor’s/Postgraduate degree, a professional qualification, or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with developing on other cloud platforms, such as Amazon Web Services
- Contribution to open-source projects, or personal projects in a good state of development,
- Demonstrates continued personal/professional development,
- Active in the Salesforce community.
- The total cash base compensation for this role is $100,000 - $160,000/year. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including leveling, prior experience, expertise & may vary from the amount above.
- This role is eligible for remote work. Hotel Engine is authorized to do business in AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, TN, TX, UT & WA. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Hotel Engine is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine has been recognized on Built-in Colorado’s Best Places to Work list 3 years in a row (2020-2022) for our positive culture and robust growth opportunities.
As a company, we’re also dedicated to giving back to our greater community, and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries
- Annual performance bonuses
- Stock options for all associates + performance-based stock options
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees) + 100% paid dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with a match program
- Unlimited PTO + 2 paid days each year to volunteer with your favorite non-profit
- Paid parental leave and family medical leave
- Hotel discounts through our exclusive platform
- The ability to make a real impact in an incredibly fast-growing organization; you’ll never be just another cog in the wheel.