Salesforce Architect at Ibotta (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
Ibotta is seeking a Salesforce Architect to create solution designs and drive implementation of solutions together with the Salesforce team. The architect will contribute ideas and suggestions for other projects as part of the Architecture team, and will take a lead role on major projects. To start, this architect may take on the Retail Onboarding project. This position will report to the Salesforce Principal Architect and will work closely with business and engineering colleagues across the company.
The Retail business line at Ibotta is focused on surfacing online retailers in the Ibotta app and the browser extension to participate in our rebate campaigns on their products or services. Today these campaigns are manually created. The Retail Onboarding project will move Retail data programs into Salesforce to reduce the manual effort, increase quality, improve billing, and increase our ability to support many more retailers.
This position is located in Denver, Colorado or with the option of full-time remote. Candidates must live in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
What you will be doing?
- Design solutions for major projects, such as Retail Onboarding to Salesforce.
- Lead the implementation of the designs from requirements to launch, working together with the Salesforce team.
- Work closely with business teams, the Salesforce team, Operations, Billing and Budgeting, and other AWS engineering teams to design and implement solutions.
Typical Deliverables may include:
- Create Solution Designs & Architectures
- Descriptive Overview
- User Experience flow
- Data model diagrams
- Other diagrams and designs as appropriate, like Business Process Models, data flow diagrams, sequence diagrams, data conversion/loading plans
- Definition of API calls and Events
- Create Proofs of Concept as needed to ensure the design is feasible and to enable decision making between solution options
- Create user stories for development/implementation
- Gain approval and buy-in from the Retail Business Process Manager, Salesforce Principal Architect, the affected Engineering Squads, Biz Ops, and the Retail Sales SVP
- Implement Solution Designs
- Support Sales Enablement for business process changes
- Support Business Operations for changes to campaign setup and tracking
- Write Apex classes, lightning components, REST API’s, and test classes
- Work with stakeholders to review designs and demos and incorporate feedback
- Ensure integrations are reliable, secure, and recoverable
- Work with the Salesforce Team to coordinate changes
- Follow development procedures, including code reviews, DevOps, Jira ticket updates
- Protect Ibotta assets, including data, intellectual property, documentation, and Salesforce config
- Participate in Salesforce team agile ceremonies and Architecture team discussions
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 10 + years of Engineering experience including 5 + years of Salesforce.com experience
- Designed and implemented complex solutions in Salesforce.com
- Excellent communication skills; comfortable working with senior leadership as well as junior team members
- Salesforce development experience with Apex, Lightning Aura Components, Lightning Web Components
- Solid understanding of overall Lightning architecture
- Experience working with Agile Scrum methodology; familiarity with Jira or similar tool
- Experience building custom solutions on Force.com platform using standard and custom objects, APEX web services, SOQL, SOSL and REST/SOAP APIs
- Solid understanding of Engineering best practices, such as source control, code review, testing, and CI/CD.
- Experience with Salesforce CPQ is highly desirable
- Experience with full stack web development is a plus
- Experience with AWS is a plus
- Required Salesforce Certifications: Administrator, Platform Developer 1, Platform App Builder I & II; Applications Architect is a plus
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $1B in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com
This position is located in Denver, CO or with the option of full-time remote and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity. Candidates must live in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
Base compensation range: $160,000 - $175,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base compensation. This compensation range is specific to the state of Colorado's local labor market and may vary for employees living in other areas.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- If living in the United States, applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.