AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence and robotics for the recycling industry. Every day, we’re working to reimagine and actively modernize the world’s recycling infrastructure. Headquartered and manufacturing operations in Louisville, Colorado, we build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We are looking for unconventional thinkers to join our mission; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors and recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising artificial intelligence companies in America, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a Sales Engineer who will be responsible for interfacing and collaboration between the sales team and all other AMP teams, concentrating heavily on the Project Engineering team, which reports under the Operations Department. The Sales Engineer’s objective is to identify and internally communicate the correct technical application relating to the physical space constraints of the installation of AMP Robotics products and services.
As our Sales Engineer, you will work to:
- Collaborate with the Head of Sales Operations in the documentation of the Sales process and provide continuous improvement to the process as the company grows and evolves.
- Collaborate with the Head of Sales Operations to help to Identify, create, and implement technical training to the Sales staff.
- Collaborate with the Head of Sales Operations to Identify, create, and implement tools to improve the selling process.
- Collaborate with the sales team to understand customer requirements, to promote the sale of company products.
- Support the sales team with technical expertise for installation and use of AMP equipment.
- Plan and modify product configurations to meet customer needs.
- Confer with customers, sales staff, and engineers to assess equipment needs and to determine system requirements.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations that explain products or services to customers and prospective customers as needed.
- Create or improve sales and service contracts.
- Develop, present, or respond to proposals for specific customer requirements.
- Provide technical and non-technical support and services to clients or other staff members regarding the use, operation, and maintenance of equipment.
- Provide information needed for the development of custom-made machinery.
- Collaborate and/or write technical documentation for products.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
The successful candidate will have:
- 2 years of technical experience with mechanical systems or equipment.
- 2 years of customer facing industry experience. (Sales, Service, Etc.)
- Experience in a fast-paced and constant growth environment.
- Autodesk AutoCAD software experience. (4,000+ Hours / 2 Years)
- Parametric modeling software experience. (500+ Hours)
- 2 years of technical experience with industrial equipment manufacturing.
- 4 years of customer facing experience with technical sales. (capital equipment, parts sales, etc.)
- Experience with sales CRM software/systems.
- Experience in surveying, estimating, or reverse engineering.
- Experience in creating, editing, and presenting technical proposals or contracts.
- Autodesk AutoCAD software expert. (12,000+ Hours / 6 Years)
- Parametric modeling software experience. (4,000+ Hours / 2 Years)
- Salesforce CRM software experience.
- Solidworks or Inventor Software Experience. (4,000+ Hours / 2 Years)
- Experience in creating & implementing processes.
- Highly Organized & Multi-Project Navigator
- High School diploma or equivalent
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- While performing the duties of this job, some survey may be required, and will require the employee to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this task include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus, and ability to accurately see and label color.
- Louisville, CO
- Regional Mid-Atlantic / Remote
- Travel to AMP Headquarters
- Travel to customer sites (Possibly International)
- Located near a major airport; travel as far west as 95° of Longitude (One state west of the Mississippi River)
- Travel Up to 40%
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement:
AMP Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the Company will be based on job openings, merit, qualifications, and abilities as required by the position. The Company does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate against other employees, applicants, customers, or independent contractors because of:
- Sexual orientation (including gender identity or expression, including a person's orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, or transgender status)
- Pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions
- Marital status
- National origin
- Military or veteran status
- Age (40 or over)
- Disability (including genetic information)
- Or, any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws.
Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
Salary & compensation information: $80,000 - 90,000 depending on experience
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- Seven (7) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays. (salaried employees only)
- Referral bonuses for staff positions.
- Paid Vacation Leave – Accrues at a rate of ~4.67 hours (0.58 days) per pay period (2 weeks) starting day 1. Unused PTO carries over each year with a 1-year limit.
- Paid Sick Leave – 64 hours per year, given in full on start date, refreshes on anniversary.