WHO WE ARE...
Maxwell was founded in 2015 by homebuyers who were shocked by the complexity and inefficiencies of the mortgage process for borrowers and lending teams alike. We’ve created a platform that has not only streamlined the process and made it more efficient - closing loans 45%+ faster - but has made mortgages more accessible in the process. Our mission is clear: democratize mortgage by helping lenders work more efficiently and stay compliant while eliminating the barrier to entry and the stress for the borrower.
We are a company focused on a supportive, diverse, and inclusive culture - live through our values of Rigor, Ownership, Curiosity, Kindness, and "Straight Up" - to bring equality to the mortgage process and spread financial empowerment. Intrigued? Read on and say hello!
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING...
- Collaborate with a team of distributed team of Engineers, Product Owners, and Designers of various backgrounds and diverse thoughts and opinions
- Prioritize needs and duties to ensure sprint deadlines are met
- Create solutions that further Maxwell’s mission of turning the tide of homeownership through working cross-functionally and from your individual efforts
- On the frontend, working with React/Redux patterns to write efficient test suites and contributing to our Multiverse component framework
- On the backend, integrate with external APIs to write efficient test suites and identify bugs through a distributed environment in an effort to build and improve our internal tools for Admins and Developers
- Approach each sprint and all of your work with rigor to protect customers’ businesses as well as discover new problems to solve!
- Partner with internal stakeholders to learn from one another and share new learnings back with the team
IDEALLY YOU'LL HAVE...
- Background in SaaS platform development required, FinTech preferred
- Previously built or contributed to a Rails application and can comfortably maneuver through a conventional Rails and React application
- Strategic short and long-term vision to deliver solutions and identify possible issues
- Mindset to strive for simplicity, convention, and efficiently creating solutions to complex problems
- Continued learning focus - we want to train our Engineers to be experts, mentors, and leaders
- Teammate people trust and want to partner with - we have built an inclusive work environment where everyone’s voice is heard, respected, and encouraged
Not sure you meet all of our ideas? We'd still love to hear from you so please apply!
OUR TECHNOLOGY STACK...
- Backend: Ruby on Rails (Rails 5.x)
- Databases/Datastores: Postgres, Redis, Memcache
- Infrastructure: Heroku, AWS, Cloudflare, Lambdas, SQS, and more.
- Domains: APIs, Microservice Architecture, Monitoring/Telemetry, Scaled Architectures
WE ARE A TEAM THAT...
- Delivers delightful products by reliably and quickly producing high quality systems.
- Is full of teammates people trust and love working with.
- Is highly capable and competent across multiple domains and technologies.
- Can gracefully make trade-offs against multiple conflicting constraints.
- Aggressively overcomes obstacles to deliver amazing results.
- Delivers valuable, and trustworthy experiences to our customers and partners.
- Focuses on learning and improving its team members skills and abilities.
- Enables its members to be long term successful engineers and technologists.
- Has a vibrant culture and evidence based practices (Lean/Agile/DevOps practices).
- Can deliver the solutions needed today (APIs, SaaS Mortgages, Integrations, Cloud Tech) and tomorrow (ML, Big Data).
Compensation Range: $80,000-$92,000
WHAT WE OFFER YOU...
An opportunity to be part of an agile team of thinkers and doers who are driven, collaborative, and authentic. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our employees are our greatest asset, and you play a key role in shaping our incredible company and culture. Some of our benefits include:
- Competitive pay and meaningful equity as an employee at a fast-growing, venture-backed software company. We want you to participate and make decisions as an owner with our future in mind
- Flexible vacation time plus strong benefits packages offering a wide range of top-tier insurance plans so all Maxwell employees can find coverage that best suits their needs
- Up to 2 paid days off each year to volunteer at the charity of your choice
- An "Even Merrier Holidays" where Maxwell closes down the office to make sure employees spend time with family and friends or doing what they love most!
- A company that is people-centric: we care about our employees and foster an inclusive environment to ensure everyone feels valued and has equal opportunities for career progression
At Maxwell, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We're looking for candidates with great experience and alignment with our core values. Maxwell is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected] All employment decisions at Maxwell are based on a person's merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Read Full Job Description