Robot Operations Engineer at AMP Robotics
Robot Operations Engineer, 03/02/2021
AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence and robotics for the recycling industry. Every day, we’re working to reimagine and actively modernize the world’s recycling infrastructure. Headquartered and manufacturing operations in Louisville, Colorado, we build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We are looking for unconventional thinkers to join our mission; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors and recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising artificial intelligence companies in America, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a Robot Operations Engineer, reporting to the Robot Operations Engineering Manager, to ensure AMP products are working at peak capability across the world. You will be tasked with creating and sustaining automation best practices associated with device commissioning, application specific engineering, and continuous software rollouts. AMP is seeking a well-rounded team player, someone equally comfortable with field engineering tasks and software specific work. We’re looking for nimble keyboard hands that aren’t afraid to use a wrench when required. The role exists at the intersection of Site Reliability Engineering, DevOps, technical customer service, application engineering, and new product integration.
As our Robot Operations Engineer, you will work to:
- Develop processes and tooling to proactively monitor the performance of AMP products - ensuring AMP customers are aware of system nuances and performance metrics.
- Build fleet-wide dashboard systems to assist the service team in prioritizing work by performance and customer tiers.
- Create internal tooling to assist the service team in smartly scaling devices without linearly scaling personnel.
- Function as the Tier 3 support resource for AMP’s Customer Performance Technicians - acting as the highest level of operations technical support.
- Work with AMP’s internal software developers and DevOps team to ensure smooth software testing and software rollouts to AMP remote, production devices.
- Be part of a team that manages AMP device commissioning - verifying the AMP special sauce is correctly installed on all devices leaving the AMP production facility.
- Be part of the field engineering feedback loop, creating data driven processes to track hardware and software failures in AMP production devices.
- Participate in new product integration work - including engineering design reviews, new product installations, and first production run feedback.
- Coach non-technical and technical resources on how to appropriately troubleshoot and maintain AMP products.
- Improve our on-call support team foundation - creating technical SOPs and service bulletins to assist on-call support staff.
The successful candidate will have:
- Mid level experience with the majority of the following technologies - Ansible, Docker, InfluxDB, ROS, Python, Jenkins, Google Cloud Platform, Linux (Ubuntu), Dashboarding software
- Proven experience in a remote work environment
- Coaching or teaching experience
- Extreme self-starter with a focus on results oriented goal-setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with technical presentation examples
- 5 Years related software and/or field engineering experience
- Experience troubleshooting networking failures in a Linux environment
- Experience with related technologies will be considered
- Experience with Git in a professional environment
- Masters level degree from an accredited university
- Examples of successful mechatronic project level work (software + hardware combinations)
- Experience working with robotic systems
- Technical Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university
- 2-5 Years related software and/or field engineering experience
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus, and ability to accurately see and label color. (remove if not a requirement)
- Broomfield, Colorado
- 30% Travel
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement:
AMP Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the Company will be based on job openings, merit, qualifications, and abilities as required by the position. The Company does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate against other employees, applicants, customers, or independent contractors because of:
- Sexual orientation (including gender identity or expression, including a person's orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, or transgender status, or PeopleCare’s perception thereof)
- Pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions
- Marital status
- National origin
- Military or veteran status
- Age (40 or over)
- Disability (including genetic information)
- Or, any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws.
Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
Salary & compensation information: $70,000-80,000
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- Seven (7) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays. (salaried employees only)
- Referral bonuses for staff positions.
- Paid Vacation Leave – Accrues at a rate of ~4.67 hours (0.58 days) per pay period (2 weeks) starting day 1. Unused PTO carries over each year with a 1-year limit.
- Paid Sick Leave – 64 hours per year, given in full on start date, refreshes on anniversary.