AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence and robotics for the recycling industry. We’re reimagining and actively modernizing the world’s recycling infrastructure. Headquartered and with manufacturing operations in Louisville, Colorado, we build and deploy technology that solves many of the central challenges of recycling and shifts the economics of the industry to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable. With more than 70 systems installed across North America, Japan, and Europe, we’re increasing the value that can be extracted from recyclable material through superior separation, purity enhancement, and identification of new end markets for reuse and recycling.
Our diverse, growing team of environmentalists, engineers, and other professionals shares a passion for the promise technology holds to transform the way we recycle. With backing from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital and recognition including Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and Forbes’ most promising artificial intelligence companies in America, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is looking for someone comfortable operating within Linux such as a Linux system administrator or junior developer to join our Operations team.
Your primary responsibility will be to configure, upgrade, and monitor our growing fleet of advanced sorting robots, and to continue to improve the automation of our processes. This is cutting edge technology in the world of industrial automation so you should enjoy being experimental, be ready to rapidly iterate, and have the know-how to manage reliable and repeatable systems.
- Commission new robot control PCs, ensure software versions, configurations, and VPNs are set up correctly. Configure and calibrate cameras.
- Roll out neural network and software updates to deployed systems.
- Monitor production systems, troubleshoot problems, resolve or escalate.
- Add to and improve our automation of these tasks using bash, Python, and Ansible.
- Be present at installs to configure, calibrate, and commission systems.
- Travel to site to troubleshoot problems and perform hardware and software changes (make configuration changes, debug loose cables, swap components on PCs).
- Support AMP personnel in the field from the command line as needed.
- Strong proficiency in Linux command line.
- 2+ years professional experience or CS degree with internships.
- Ability to collaborate closely with a cross-functional team.
- Excitement about robotics, artificial intelligence, and recycling.
- Willingness to travel up to twice a month.
- Experience with: C++, ROS, Python, Ansible.
This is a full-time on-site position in Broomfield, Colorado. No relocation package is available.
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
AMP Robotics values inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer that encourages individuals of all backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.