Sorry, this job was removed at 5:22 a.m. (MST) on Thursday, September 30, 2021
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
Did you know we now have almost 4000 Xeros globally across 8 different countries?
At Xero we believe our work day should not only allow, but elevate a modern lifestyle. One of the ways we can support our people is through remote working. Everyone's needs are different; the life you dream of having could be living by the beach or closer to loved ones, or maybe it simply empowers you to work in a way that makes a positive impact in your life.
What does remote working mean at Xero?
We have a variety of different options to work in permanent remote teams or teams that are a hybrid of remote and office based pods.
There are endless opportunities to join our engineering teams across NZ. Some of the engineering positions we hire for include Full stack, Front end, Back end, Accessibility and DevOps. These roles are either across Xero Product where you will design and build new features for Xero software or Xero Platform where you'll build and maintain critical applications and services consumed throughout Xero globally.
What could your day look like?
- Start your day at a time which suits your schedule
- Collaborate with your team on Google Meet at your daily standup
- Heaps of time to code uninterrupted before lunch
- Chat with colleagues across the globe on shared interest groups on Slack (Xero-pets, Xero-foodies and Xero-memes are some of our favourites)
- Join a chat room if you want some social time with your pod
- Jump into a virtual huddle with your Agile Coach or Product Owner who’ll answer your questions around modern product delivery practices
- More dedicated uninterrupted time after lunch for focused work or a tech review, design team catch-up, peer review or perhaps time for an internal Xero tech talk
- Give back to the tech community by getting involved with any of the Meetups or other online events we host
- 1:1 meetings where you set your agenda, where it’s about you, to develop you
- Some teams agree on ‘no-meeting days’ too!
- Join an inclusive, diverse team with talented engineers from all over the globe
- Be part of a work environment that truly encourages continuous improvement and lots of collaboration between product, design and engineering
- Develop your skills by using the latest engineering and software delivery practices, at scale, on a global stage
- Contribute directly to our technology vision “to be one of the most sustainably excellent software engineering companies in the world"
- Let us support your growth with heaps of training and development resources. Want to become AWS certified? We’ve got you covered. Keen to learn TypeScript? We have the pod for you
- Get involved with our passionate communities whether it be how to make the tech industry a more inclusive space, our engineering mentorship program or our many communities of practice.
- A competitive base salary, fantastic company shares on top and life insurance too
- A virtual ergonomic work assessment and funding to assist with the improvement of, or set up of your at-home work station.
- Your choice of a top-of--the-range MacBook or Windows laptop
- Social budgets to get you together with your pod for some bonding time
- Funding for up to 4 trips a year to your most relevant regional Xero office so you get some in-person quality time with your team
- 4 weeks vacation, 2 weeks wellbeing leave, a lifestyle leave program to purchase extra, and the best parental leave program around
- That’s just the tip of the iceberg - there are plenty of other perks too!
With so many exciting roles and teams, we definitely have the perfect opportunity to suit your skills and your career goals!
Keen to grow your career with New Zealand’s largest product company?
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.