Remote Software Engineering Opportunities - AU at Xero
What could your day look like?
- Start your day at a time which suits your schedule
- Collaborate with your team on Google Meet at your daily standup
- Heaps of time to code uninterrupted before lunch
- Chat with colleagues across the globe on shared interest groups on Slack (Xero-pets, Xero-foodies and Xero-memes are some of our favourites)
- Join a chat room if you want some social time with your pod
- Jump into a virtual huddle with your Agile Coach or Product Owner who’ll answer your questions around modern product delivery practices
- More dedicated uninterrupted time after lunch for focused work or a tech review, design team catch-up, peer review or perhaps time for an internal Xero tech talk.
- Give back to the tech community by getting involved with any of the Meetups or other online events we host
- 1:1 meetings where you set your agenda, where it’s about you, to develop you.
- Some teams agree on ‘no-meeting days’ too!
- Join an inclusive, diverse team with talented engineers from all over the globe
- Be part of a work environment that truly encourages continuous improvement and lots of collaboration between product, design and engineering
- Develop your skills by using the latest engineering and software delivery practices, at scale, on a global stage
- Contribute directly to our technology vision “tobe one of the most sustainably excellent software engineering companies in the world"
- Let us support your growth with heaps of training and development resources. Want to become AWS certified? We’ve got you covered. Keen to learn TypeScript? We have the pod for you
- Get involved with our passionate communities whether it be how to make the tech industry a more inclusive space, our engineering mentorship program or our many communities of practice.
- A competitive base salary, fantastic company shares on top and life insurance too
- A virtual ergonomic work assessment and funding to assist with the improvement of, or set up of your at-home work station.
- Your choice of a top-of--the-range MacBook or Windows laptop
- Social budgets to get you together with your pod for some bonding time
- Funding for up to 4 trips a year to your most relevant regional Xero office so you get some in-person quality time with your team 4 weeks vacation, 2 weeks wellbeing leave, a lifestyle leave program to purchase extra, and the best parental leave program around
- That’s just the tip of the iceberg - there are plenty of other perks too!