This is a 100% remote opportunity! You must be located within the United States.
Ibotta is looking for a Sr. Full Stack Software Engineer to join our Shop and Pay Web team, building the platform that helps our shoppers save time and money. As part of the Shop and Pay Web team, you will play an integral part in building out the next iteration of our web-based suite of products. We're looking for a self-motivated engineer who has a passion for building high quality, fluent interfaces backed by scalable architecture. Every engineer across the team has input into our product process and will contribute real impact as part of a small, nimble team.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Work with a highly talented cross-functional team to design, develop and deliver new products and features that will be used by millions of shoppers
- Stay abreast of the ever-changing technology landscape to identify the best tools and technologies for the problems we’re solving
- Use the latest cloud technologies from AWS to design and build flexible, scalable, reliable and high-performing applications
- Write tests and participate in code reviews to ensure that we're shipping high-quality, maintainable code
- Leverage our CI/CD pipeline to deploy code to production many times daily
- Work closely on both the Ibotta Browser Extension, and other web products
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field and at least 4-5 years of experience in software development
- Fundamental knowledge of object-oriented software design, development and architectural principles
- Deep understanding of web application development best practices around security, performance, optimization, responsiveness, etc.
- Experience with frameworks like React/Vue.js/Ember.js, CSS preprocessors like Sass/LESS and module bundler tooling
- Strong experience with server technologies like Node.js, Ruby, Java, etc.
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases like MySQL, Aurora, DynamoDB and Redis is valuable, but knowing when to use each is far more important
- High level of comfort with testing approaches and frameworks, from unit testing to automated functional testing
Here are some of the traits that we seek in great engineers:
- love to teach and learn from your co-workers
- look for ways to continually challenge yourself and develop as an engineer
- embrace the DevOps culture and accept ownership of the whole development and delivery lifecycle
- value the up-front investment of thoroughly testing your code
- appreciate delivering products incrementally to provide value to the business as early as possible
- understand that communication is a huge part of your software engineering responsibility and practice it daily
- respect diverse perspectives and enjoy collaborating with other engineers to solve hard problems
- trust your teammates, and embrace healthy conflict and debate; you are not afraid to voice your opinions but you are okay with not always being right
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $800 million in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity.
- Base compensation range: $115,000 - $135,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base compensation.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.