REMOTE - Principal Software Engineer, Cloud Applications at Outrider (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:33 a.m. (MST) on Thursday, February 17, 2022
Outrider, the pioneer in autonomous yard operations for logistics hubs, helps large enterprises improve safety and increase efficiency. The only company exclusively focused on automating all aspects of yard operations, Outrider eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation by deploying zero-emission systems. Outrider is a private company backed by NEA, 8VC, Koch Disruptive Technologies, and other top-tier investors. For more information, visit www.outrider.ai
Outrider's Cloud Applications team is looking for an experienced principal architect who wants to do exceptional work designing and building performant, serverless cloud applications. You'll be working in a team of frontend, backend, and embedded engineers building a scalable, reliable and secure SaaS platform for tasking, observing and troubleshooting autonomous vehicle fleets. This job represents a unique opportunity at the intersection of sustainable transportation and cutting-edge cloud technology.
Who you are…
Technical — You love technology. You love to discuss it, build it, use it, leverage it, and stay abreast of the latest developments. You’re interested in solving complex challenges at the intersection of robotics and cloud technologies.
Problem Solver — You are inspirational in problem-solving, algorithmic thinking, automation, and programming skills along with computer science fundamentals.
Curious — You love to peek under the hood and see how things work and are comfortable with asking questions when you don't know the answer.
Self-Motivated — You are a role model for driving big impact changes in the software and organization through your exceptional skills in spotting and removing big obstacles.
Customer obsessed - You are obsessed with making customers successful. You build software with customers in mind and get satisfaction by having satisfied customers. You go out of your way to help customers be successful.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborating in designing and building state-of-the-art, novel architectures, systems, and methodologies powering Outrider’s SaaS platform.
- Providing guidance in the investigation and solution of complex problems affecting overall system architecture of projects.
- Work with diverse, cross-functional teams of engineers and product managers in a fast, collaborative process.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to your team to help engineers be more productive and grow in their career.
- 10+ years of experience crafting world-class, web-based, products & experiences
- Exceptional expertise in one or more areas of application development, distributed systems, are known for innovation and creativity in these areas
- Exceptional expertise in building large systems with high scale and performance.
- Exceptional expertise in designing systems with clean architecture and beautiful code
- Strong experience building web applications in Node, TypeScript, Python, Ruby, Python or similar
- Proven experience building and scaling cloud-based architectures incorporating storage, databases, queues, event systems, IoT, with Azure, AWS or GCP
- Reputable experience architecting, building, and scaling APIs with REST, GraphQL, or gRPC
- Experience working with or building data streaming pipelines, data lakes, or data warehouses and data analytics systems
- Experience with infrastructure deployment and automation with tools like Terraform and Pulumi
- Experience with ROS, robotics, and/or IoT technologies
- Experience with React
Compensation & benefits
- Salary range of $155,000 - $200,000. For benefits, check this out!
- This role is fully remote but we require that your hours overlap with ours (US Mountain Time).
At Outrider, we believe in cultivating an environment where there is diversity of perspectives, experiences, and knowledge with the expectation that we thrive in an inclusive environment. Outrider is committed to a workforce where everyone's opportunities are limitless regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any others that are protected by law.