Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
We are seeking an effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills and collaborative style with the ability to establish strong working relationships and influence peers and stakeholders. Our multi location engineering team utilizes Agile Development methodologies and employs a collaborative approach to our work. Our Release Train Engineer is the catalyst for insuring readiness and order for our planning events as well as a unifier of our scrum teams. Our engineering teams are refreshingly well versed on communicating risks and working through dependencies. We rely on our Release Train Engineer to synthesize and organize the inbound work stream to a single goal -- to deliver business value to our merchants.
What you will be doing:
As the Global eComm US group Release Train Engineer (RTE) you will be a leader on a large Agile Release Train (ART), a team of teams (200 people) that plan, commit, develop and deploy software together to deliver significant value to our merchant's ecommerce transactions.
You will primarily be responsible for:
- Acting as the train's focal point for communication and connections with all impacted teams needed to deliver on the work.
- Planning and facilitating the train's quarterly Program Increment (PI) planning event, including the readiness/preparation activities in advance to ensure features are approved and teams are ready for a Planning session.
- Work with senior leaders to ensure prioritization alignment, communication of identified risks and dependencies, and unify ART practices of our train with organizational initiatives and changes.
- Responsible for agile budgets and forecasts related to people associated within the agile release train and feature allocation
- Foster information sharing, creating a collaborative environment
- Facilitate PI execution activities including Scrum of Scrums or ART Syncs, System Demos, Inspect & Adapts
- Facilitate PI Planning event
- Guide PI planning prep (briefings, features, demand intake process, capacity allocation, etc)
- Communicates internally to the ART and externally to stakeholders about vision, priorities, PI event dates, release dates, PI objectives, successes, progress, learning, impediments, and needs
- Coach Business Owners, Product Management, System Architects, and agile teams to understand and applySAFe
- Provide behavior enablers to help the ART increase business agility
- Guide SMs to coach their teams effectively
- Guide progress tracking and reporting, risk management
- Advocate for people, skills, or resource gaps to be addressed
What you bring:
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree;
- "Team focus" with strong collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to quickly grasp high level business goals, derive requirements, and create effective testing
- Ability to fluidly change context and priorities based on changing business needs
- Communicative and social -- Must be able to communicate well with teams
- Facilitative -- Must be able to lead and organize Program Increment Planning events for a large development train.
- Reliable - Must be able to facilitate, guide, communicate, and execute on the (project) in-take demand process bridging development with finance to insure funding flow for Program Increment Planning events
- Enthusiastic - Must be high-energy and appreciate the incremental growth that leads to an eventual large win
- Continuous improvement -- Must continually be constructively looking for opportunities for improvement to pitch, try, refine, and try again
- Attitude of transparency -- Must desire to bring disclosure and transparency to the business about development and grow business trust
Added bonus if you have:
- Certified Scrum Master and or Certified Release Train Engineer
- Experience in coaching train leaders, team leads, and team members (including scrum masters) in Lean-Agile practices and thinking
- Prior experience working in a Scaled Agile Framework organization
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.