Release Train Engineer at Vertafore
Our culture fosters collaboration, innovation, integrity, mentorship, commitment to success and FUN. Our managers are dedicated to growing their people and offering an opportunity that allows you to make impact in your career.
If you love technology, are hungry to learn, and are looking for a creative, fun and friendly workplace where you get to develop software that will transform the insurance industry, we would love to get in touch with you.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
· Schedules and leads quarterly PI Planning's and cadence of events
· Delivers weekly updates to development leadership team (with executive level visibility) to shed light on risks, dependencies, bottlenecks, and overall status toward delivery of PI plan
· Ownership of end-to-end software delivery framework from grooming roadmap items through release into production
· Owns release communications including creation and tracking of release milestones in Rally, creating change tickets with completed release checklists, and coordinating release activities (release inspection and approval, release deployment, post release communication)
· Tracks metrics/KPI's and, depending on the metric, delivers updates on either a weekly, quarterly, or annual basis
· Leads through example and persuasion, rather than through tasking/directing
· Eager to dive in and learn, with a willingness to be coached
· Is a servant leader, strong communicator, and possesses strong interpersonal skills
· Delivers training to all areas of the organization to teach and promote Agile best practices
· Ensures that teams have necessary information to deliver on highest priority roadmap items
· Ability to drive alignment from different departments with different goals
· Understands and fosters culture of quality throughout the organization
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Understanding of agile principles and values with the ability to effectively plan and facilitate sprint planning, grooming, sprint retros, PI retros, feature grooming, scrum of scrums, sprint demos, leadership meetings, PI planning, and weekly product updates
· Understanding of KPIs including velocity, throughput, feature predictability, and carryover
· Communicates risks, dependencies, and bottlenecks clearly to leadership and can explain and defend their opinions
· Experience with software delivery lifecycles with a strong emphasis on agile delivery methods
· Self-motivated and excellent problem-solver
· Driven to improve, personally and professionally
· Mentors and inspires others to raise the bar for everyone around them
· Loves to collaborate with peers, designing pragmatic solutions
· Operates best in a fast-paced, flexible work environment
· Has a passion for facilitation including planning, Agile ceremonies, and even tough conversations amongst senior leaders
· Strong time management and prioritization
· 2-5 years' experience working in an Agile environment using Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Scrum, XP, Kanban, or other scaled Agile model
· Degree in Computer Science or similar experience and/or training
· Previous experience as a scrum master or agile team member strongly preferred
· SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) certification strongly preferred
Additional Requirements and Details:
· Travel required up to 10% of the time.
· Located and working from an office location.
· Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
· Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
· Frequent sitting and/or standing.