Release Train Engineer at Vertafore
As a team member embedded in an energetic agile team of Software and QA Engineers, you will create software products utilizing state of the art technologies. With your team, you'll celebrate all the hard work that goes into a successful release to market while gaining first-hand experience in cutting edge, lean-agile, software development methodologies. Our culture fosters collaboration, innovation, integrity, mentorship, commitment to success and FUN. Our managers are dedicated to growing their people and offering an opportunity that allows you to make impact in your career.
If you love technology, are hungry to learn, and are looking for a creative, fun and friendly workplace where you get to develop software that will transform the insurance industry, we would love to get in touch with you.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
· Lead through example and persuasion, rather than through tasking/directing
· Are eager to dive in and learn, with a willingness to be coached
· Enjoy solving problems as part of a team
· Are servant leaders, strong communicators, and possess strong interpersonal skills
· Deliver training to all areas of the organization to teach and promote Agile best practices
· Present observed risks/issues to appropriate parties to create awareness and prompt discussion
· Ensure that teams have necessary information to deliver on highest priority roadmap items
· Understand and foster culture of quality throughout the organization
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Communicate clearly to explain and defend their opinions
· Are self-motivated and excellent problem-solvers
· Are driven to improve, personally and professionally
· Mentor and inspire others to raise the bar for everyone around them
· Love to collaborate with their peers, designing pragmatic solutions
· Operate best in a fast-paced, flexible work environment
· Have a passion for facilitation of planning, Agile ceremonies, and even tough conversations amongst senior leaders
· Have experience working in an Agile environment using Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Scrum, XP, Kanban, or other scaled Agile model
· Share what they know by reaching out to other team members
· Have degree in Computer Science or similar valuable experience
Additional Requirements and Details:
· Travel required up to 10% of the time.
· Ability to work remotely with a stable internet connection on an as-needed basis
· Located and working from an office location (when required)*
· Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
· Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
· Frequent sitting and/or standing.
*Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19 and are scheduled to re-open mid 2021.