Release Software Engineer at The Trade Desk (Greater Boulder Area, CO)
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Raise your hand if you LOVE ads! Yeah, we feel the same… So come be a part of the solution, by joining the team that is changing the face of advertising for the better. Founded by the pioneers of real-time bidding (RTB), The Trade Desk has become the fastest growing demand-side platform (DSP) in the industry by offering agencies and their advertisers a best-in-class technology platform that focuses on delivering meaningful and relevant engagement with consumers.
With integrations into every major advertising exchange, we handle well over 4 trillion requests every month and growing – that's more page views and queries than Facebook, Google Search, and Google's entire network of websites combined – all serviced in single-digit-ms response times. Are you interested in working with big data? Do you want to push the edges of scale and responsiveness? It doesn't get much bigger or faster than this!
We are looking to hire a Release Software Engineer who will work in collaboration with our operations and engineering teams to get code released to production in the most efficient ways possible. You enjoy working with software release tools, automating things, and evaluating best practices to ensure developers can deliver code to production quickly, safely, and easily.
Recently named one of the top 10 most promising companies in America by Forbes Magazine and one of the "Best Places To Work" in the nation by Outdoor Magazine, The Trade Desk offers a culture of "relaxed intensity" – one that comes from working alongside one of the most talented teams in our industry, and leading in a race that is ours to lose.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Manage our fast-paced software release process, which consists of both “regular releases” as well as “unscheduled” CI/CD approaches (continuous integration and deployment).
- Working with a small team of other release specialists, you’ll be responsible for the software release stack from the version control system all the way to deployment/installation scripts.
- Work alongside DBAs to ensure best practices are followed and executed for release-related database schema changes.
- Improve the metrics and tools specifically designed to allow and encourage testing in production.
- Design and build applications to aid in system and deployment administration.
- Integrate third-party tools (open source or commercial) as necessary to solve problems or improve our release processes.
- Contribute code that improves the maturity of our software in respect to building, testing, and deployment.
- Research and implement necessary changes to migrate our software towards an “immutable infrastructure” mindset, whether it is an Amazon AMI based deployment pipeline or frameworks and tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Mesos.
- Participate in a regular on-call rotation.
- Find and remove unnecessary complexity.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 3+ years of software development experience.
- Experience with C# / .NET (we are a C# shop) or a willingness to learn C# if you have experience with other languages such as Java, Powershell, Ruby, Python, Go, etc.
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL.
- Experience with software and server deployments in a cloud environment such as Amazon Web Services is a big plus.
- Experience using Windows administration tools on Windows Server platforms (Event Logs, performance monitoring, IIS) is a plus.
- Cross-platform experience working with Linux in addition to Windows is nice to have.
- Experience with agile methodologies and a rapid development cycle.
- Top-notch troubleshooting and analytical problem-solving skills
- Experience with database design and management aspects for various compliance programs, such as Sarbanes-Oxley or PCI, is a big plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to document complex technical problems and processes.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, as well as independently with limited supervision
- A desire to “manage cattle, not pets”
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without a contract in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.