SpotX is a video ad serving platform providing media owners with monetization tools for desktop, mobile and connected devices. The platform features modern ad serving and programmatic infrastructure, and other monetization tools, like solutions for OTT and outstream video ad units. SpotX gives publishers the control, transparency and actionable insights needed to understand buyer behavior, manage access and pricing, and maximize revenue. The company is headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and has offices in Amsterdam, Belfast, Hamburg, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Stockholm, Singapore and Sydney. In October 2017, RTL Group, a leader across broadcast, content and digital, will complete its 100% acquisition of SpotX. For updates, follow SpotX on Twitter and LinkedIn
SpotX is the most transparent programmatic video advertising platform with more than 7 billion ad decisions per day reaching 600 million unique visitors in more than 190 countries.
We are seeking a highly talented Release Engineer who can contribute brilliantly to our team located in Broomfield, CO. We are a fast-paced but casual environment with highly talented peers. The most successful team members are versatile, disciplined and enjoy focusing on new challenges.
The Release Engineering team is responsible for building and deploying SpotX software to production. This includes the creation and maintenance of scripts, careful selection of tools needed to complete these tasks and maintenance of SpotX test environments. The release engineering team communicates with all teams at SpotX but frequently interface with development, project management, automation, and sysops.
We don’t believe in “culture fit”. We believe in you being a genuine human beings and pleasant to work with. Sure, we might share a beer at work or after work but you don’t have to. You just need to be a contributing member of our team who is thoughtful and wants to do quality work.
Making an immediate impact:
- Building and deploying SpotX software to production daily
- Reverting problematic builds
- Creating and maintaining automated jobs related to test environment integrity
- Creating and maintaining automation scripts relating to release engineering tasks
- Assisting sysops with sysadmin tasks
Needed SpotX’er talents:
- Python programming skills or the ability to quickly learn the python programming language
- Proficient using the Linux terminal
- Basic understanding of relational database management systems such as MySQL
- Knowledge of continuous integration and continuous delivery applications such as Jenkins
- Good understanding of version control management systems such as Git
Bonus SpotX’er talents:
- Additional experience with continuous delivery
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Puppet
- Knowledge of monitoring systems such as Nagios
- Work-life balance
- Unlimited PTO (work it out with your team first!), company closed from Christmas to New Years
- Make a real difference - our code reaches millions of people as soon as you release it
- Work in a fun, casual, team environment
- Frisbees, ping pong, and foosball