Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
We're looking for driven and talented software engineers with a passion for everything needed to operate a sophisticated SaaS product. As a Release Engineer at Marketo, you will help with the continued automation of build & deployment processes, participate in scheduled releases, develop tools to improve scalability and reliability, while incorporating new technologies and requirements. In the coming months, Marketo will begin the migration from our own data centers to Google Cloud Platform. The Release Engineering Team will be an integral part of this transformation which will require significant tooling changes and implementation of technologies such as Kubernetes and Ansible.
- Maintain and configure C.I. using Jenkins and related tools
- Manage multiple code repositories, helping with branching and tagging at both tactical and strategic levels
- Develop best in class tools to support scalability and reliability
- Improve and evolve the build, release and deployment processes in support of Marketo's diverse product platform
- Evolve existing processes to support the move to GCP
- Interface with engineering and production groups
Required Skills / Experience:
- 2+ years of related work experience, including working with cloud technology
- B.S. Degree or higher studies in Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- Proficient with bash/Ruby/Python or comparable scripting languages
- Build and release experience of SaaS products running in LAMP or similar technology stack
- Experience with DevOps tools like Jenkins and Artifactory
- SCM proficiency using SVN and Git
- Knowledge of *nix OSes, concepts, tools, shells, etc.
- Exposure to relational databases and SQL desirable
- Excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to be a productive and flexible team member in a fast-paced environment