R&D Engineer at Prove (Formerly Payfone)
As a research and development engineer, you will be working to develop new solutions on the
cutting edge of Prove’s technology to integrate to new data services, and create new solutions to
our most difficult and interesting problems. The work you do today will lead to the products and
solutions that let Prove lead the way tomorrow.
What You Are Accountable For
As a member of the R&D team, the R&D Engineer is expected to:
- Assist the Data Science and Data Engineering group with integrations to new
third-party data sources.
- Analyze new technologies and apply them to problems within Prove to find new
and better solutions to existing problems.
- Analyze data from existing systems to offer innovative solutions for enhancing
performance, stability, and accuracy within the systems.
- Understand and maintain databases used within the R&D group.
- Understand and maintain servers used within the R&D group.
- Ensure the security of those databases and servers in accordance with the
- Potentially write, support, and develop patents as part of new inventions.
- Promote, maintain and enhance our cultural values of humility, passion, inclusion, and
- Strong passion for learning about our products and markets through in-house and
What We Require
- 3 to 5 years as a Software Engineer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or demonstrable
equivalent experience. All skills, abilities, and education will be considered for
- 3 to 5 years hands-on experience with Linux, Unix, etc.
- 3 to 5 years hands-on experience with developing software solutions.
- 3 to 5 years hands-on experience with Java, Python, Go, C++ and/or other
- Working knowledge of networking protocols, especially HTTP and SIP.
- A good understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Self-starter with the ability to learn new technologies.
- Ability to keep pace and absorb rapidly evolving technical solutions.
- Independent worker who can balance planned work with ad-hoc requests from
- Experience in cybersecurity, fintech, or fast-growing startup is required