Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
The Quality Operations Associate plays a central role at Checkr. At Checkr you will join our growing Operations team which ensures the accuracy and efficiency of the background screening process. This operations position requires a candidate with strong communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to remain calm in stressful situations, acute attention to detail, and a willingness to dive deep into research. You will become part of a hard working, scrappy team creating a new standard of quality in the background screening industry.
- Process high volume (and often repetitive) workflows to ensure quality and maximum possible accuracy of background reports
- Research and explore record quality issues stemming from system flags to ensure report compliance. This may involve investigating records previously disputed or proactively reviewing records for accuracy and compliance using open source information or contacting court clerks and law enforcement agencies
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify, investigate and verify complex records and potential risk issues to fix problems at the root cause
- Work with our Product and Compliance teams to analyze and drive ad hoc projects and initiatives to completion
- Foster an environment of experimentation, analytical thinking and precision and diagnose and identify areas for further quality analysis through individual and team OKRs
- Communicate cross-functionally to ensure timely resolutions, quality control, and process feedback to drive key performance indicators
What you bring:
- Candidates with 1-3 years of relevant professional experience. Prior experience in risk, fraud, compliance or trust & safety is a plus
- Research-driven with excellent investigative, critical thinking and customer service skills. An understanding of judicial process and experience working with penal & vehicle codes and municipal ordinances is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Takes ownership and pride in documenting details and actions taken
- Attention to detail and extremely well organized with proven ability to juggle multiple priorities and work well with deadlines
- Process and solution-oriented. Comfortable making decisions and leveraging resources to ensure confidence in doing so
- Proficiency in computer applications (both offline and internet-based) is required, GSuite and Zendesk experience preferred
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch and snacks
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $44,000-$52,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.