Quality Engineering Manager at Guild Education
For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Guild is hiring a Quality Engineering Manager to help build out and manage QE squads within our organization! In this role, you will help grow Guild’s QE team by hiring, mentoring, and working cross-functionally to build scalable, modern QE processes and systems and will work across most of the technology organization to understand and drive quality initiatives as well as work collaboratively within the QE Leadership team.
Additionally, the QE Manager provides mentorship on understanding business requirements and objectives. They will lead the evaluation and testing of new or modified software to ensure it meets requirements, establishes and maintains high-quality standards/processes, and provides mentoring or guidance to direct reports as well as less-experienced peers.
This position will report into the Director of Quality Engineering. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $135,000 - $168,000 as well as company stock options.As a Quality Engineering Manager you will:
- Lead a pillar and the squads that are correlated within that pillar of distributed QE engineers embedded within our engineering squads.
- Contribute to our vision and strategy of Quality Engineering and implement that strategy within your pillar and squads.
- Serve as one of our QE Subject Matter Experts on practices, techniques, and QE programs.
- Ensure high standards of quality are met by guiding and shaping team efforts.
- Work with product and engineering leadership to build our strategy for quality engineering and testing.
- Lead by example, guiding QE engineers as they verify and ensure systems are meeting requirements, coaching them to dig into defects and/or troubleshoot issues.
- Help drive the administration and usage of our Test Case Management system.
- Help provide guidance on the creation of our test environments and systems.
- Guide the engineering teams in how they determine the priorities of their QE efforts via our Quality Scorecard.
- Actively support escalated issues from both internal and external customers.
- Help to implement Service Level Agreements and Targets across Guild.
- Experience in QE at other companies and possibly across two or more industries.
- Experience managing teams across multiple companies and industries.
- Deep understanding of Quality Engineering and testing concepts and methodologies.
- Proven track record of managing successful QE programs within fast-growing companies.
- Experience with API, functional, compatibility, acceptance/smoke testing, ad-hoc/exploratory, database, regression, staging, installation, and multi-platform testing.
- Experience using issue tracking systems and test case management tools.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including the ability to solve complex problems in the face of time pressure and information/resource constraints.
- Ability to manage changing business needs; excellent time management skills required.
- Superb verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Solid understanding of Amazon Cloud Architecture and its services.
- Managing testing experience in security, mobile products, and cloud-based applications.
- Experience working within QE practices for platform companies that use APIs/Microservices.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. As of February 1, 2022, we will be expanding our in-person vaccination requirement to include booster shots. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.