WHO YOU ARE
You are a seasoned Quality Engineer who is passionate about delivering a high quality product at a fast pace. You are enthusiastic about software quality, and can interact directly with product owners and delivery team members to plan, scope, schedule and implement testing activities. You have very strong communication, collaboration and analytical skills and an ability to work as part of an Agile team. You will be part of a small, high performance team and will have the opportunity to excel and grow your career while helping grow our testing efforts and ensuring quality of the releases.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Own test strategy and execution for one or more feature areas, working closely with the cross-functional team to ensure that we meet our quality objectives
- Design complex IT configurations to test product capabilities in simulated production-like environments
- Perform and participate in all aspects of manual and automated test verifications. This includes feature and functional testing, load, performance, and regression testing
- Perform root cause analysis for bugs and work with the development team to resolve them
- Work collaboratively as part of a scrum team to deliver great software and promote an overall culture of quality
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve our processes to facilitate increased test coverage
Hands-on experience with defining test strategy, test design patterns, and executing tests with varied complexity
Demonstrated experience implementing and maintaining test cases utilizing test automation
You are an authority on Agile testing best practices with the ability to demonstrate when to apply manual vs automation and how to yield positive engineering engagement
Strong experience in testing web applications and REST API based backend services
Comfortable working asynchronously on a distributed team
HIGHLY DESIRED SKILLS
Strong knowledge of Windows and/or Linux server administration combined with domain knowledge of some of the following: WSUS, GPO, Active Directory, Ansible, Chef
- At the top of the list is simply that you will have a will have a voice and an impact on the success of Automox and on the security of customers like NASA, Xerox, DollarShaveClub, TripAdvisor, GE Healthcare and more.
- A strong proven leadership team backed by founders of Tenable, Carbon Black, RSA, AlienVault, Internet Security Systems, ThreatGrid, Phantom Cyber along with world-class venture capital.
- Great downtown Boulder location - (Walk to lunch!)
- Downtown Parking
- Free Eco Bus Pass - (Office is right across the street from the Boulder bus station)
- Health/Dental/Vision/Insurance Benefits
- Participation in Automox Incentive Stock Option Plan
- Open vacation policy - (take what you need to stay energized)
- Standup desks, quiet spaces, and snacks and yes… coffee.
- Rooftop deck and amazing views (we celebrate victories both big and small)
- Monthly team-building rituals (hikes, ice cream breaks, lunch and learns, cross-team opportunities)
Come join the adventure!