Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
What’s the role
We are looking for a talented Quality Engineer to join our Enterprise Technology team, based in Wellington, Auckland or Melbourne.
The Enterprise Tech group works across the business to support people and methods, and improve our technology and strategic capability. The team you will be joining specifically works with the Salesforce platform, consisting of Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, and integrations with other systems.
What you'll do
- Contribute to multiple types of testing (including functional, integration & UX) testing over multiple layers of the system
- Help build up our regression suite to ensure we can release quickly and safely
- Ensure we are successfully across all updates and releases for all our Salesforce Marketing and Sales Cloud applications that are relevant to our path to production
- Positively grow, build and nurture strong positive relationships with the team and stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Salesforce Capability Team, Product Team, QA Team, Integration Team and the wider Enterprise Technology team.
- Due to having global offices, flexible working times outside of normal work hours may be required.
- Create and contribute to a fun, positive working environment, living Xero’s values daily, with a focus on customer service and delivery both within the immediate and wider Enterprise Technology Team.
What you'll bring
- Be a quality champion - share your knowledge, lead and coach others in analysis, testing and quality practices so your team is effective at building quality in early
- Be an active contributor, working alongside the wider QA team, developers, product owners and stakeholders to deliver tested and reliable software
- You’ll be a self motivated, quick starter - able to grasp projects and existing functionalities quickly and identify work independently
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities with a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and stakeholder management skills.
- You’ll have a pragmatic approach, as well as strong analysis and quality facilitation skills
- Be part of the growth of the team, taking on technical tasks where possible and contributing to the automated regression suite in accordance with your skill-set
Nice to haves:
- Salesforce CRM and Marketing Cloud experience
- Test automation experience particularly using Visual studio, C#, selenium and git
- Additional technical testing experience including AWS, TeamCity and Postman
- Experience with Qualtrics or other surveying tools that link with Salesforce
Xero is continuing to grow and so are the opportunities to join us!
You can choose to perform this role:
- In one of our #beautiful offices (Auckland, Wellington or Melbourne)
- Flexibly, through a hybrid of in office and remote working styles
- Permanently Remote
As a permanent remote worker at Xero we want to ensure you are getting the same #beautiful employee experience as our in-office Xero’s. Permanent remote Xero’s will benefit from a virtual ergonomic work assessment and funding to assist with the improvement of your at home work setup. Xero will also fund up to 4 trips a year to your most relevant region Xero office. You are part of our #team and we want to see you thrive!
Why you should become a Xero
It’s a diverse and inclusive environment, with people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to do the best work of your life. We’re a place where innovation and change are not only encouraged but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
We’re very supportive of flexible working arrangements and offer a competitive remuneration package including shares and life insurance, in addition to your base salary. We have a culture we’re proud of. Whether you're after a workplace with a social vibe, or a workplace which understands your family is priority - Xero is all of that and more.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.