Quality Assurance Specialist at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Business Administration
Travel Percentage :
10 - 15%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS empowers small to large retirement plan providers around the globe with a comprehensive, integrated suite of retirement solutions. Our industry-leading offering includes an extensive selection of technology and services. From record keeping technology and plan administration and compliance solutions, to financial wellness that supports all aspects of retirement services business and positions our clients for future growth. We are looking for a talented resource, who is comfortable working multiple appropriately prioritized issues and/or projects at a time. One who desires to be a part of this global dynamic retirement technology team where they will grow personally, technically and professionally.
What you will be doing
Leads the strategic development, organization, and execution of testing strategy for large implementation initiatives. Examine data files, processes, forms, reports and operational needs of customers and complete data mapping and transaction workflow documents as the basis for conversion to FIS systems.
- Develops strategy to execute testing plan utilizing automated tools. Creates efficient and repeatable testing protocols.
- Leads quality assurance specialist in executing testing plan. Gives direction on strategy and protocols and provides direct feedback on level of proficiency.
- As part of the conversion process, tests customized software against customer specific needs sharing reports and application specific data with customers that reflect how conversion data will be processed.
- Carefully examines data and reports to make sure conversion is proceeding correctly, runs test scripts with various data to see how new or customized transactions process through the software and verifies and validates accuracy of data through the generation of a variety of reports. Validation may include completion of prior system to FIS balancing.
- Acts as an on-site resource during conversion and answers questions, troubleshoots problems as they occur, and supports implementation of new procedures. Reviews the conversion results (reports, balancing of systems, balancing system conversion to associated General Ledger accounts, errors with the customer.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
- Requires a minimum of twelve plus years quality assurance along with implementation and /or conversion experience with a demonstrated ability to handle high project complexity
- 4-6 years experience with FIS Retirement Solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, quality management or related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Recognized by peer group as a Quality Management Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Must have led or participated in the definition and implementation of consulting services for multiple projectsExperience in creation and execution of Software Quality Plans, Test Plans, and Test Scripts
- Experience with various test management and defect tracking tools (Jira, Clearquest, etc.)
- Expert understanding of SDLC and Software Quality concepts and methodologies
- Knowledge of software testing methodologies
- Understanding and experience in Test Automation tools
- In-depth knowledge and use of process improvement and quality management methods, tools, and technology used to create and support defect-free, application software or business operations processes for which the quality program will be focused
- Working knowledge and qualification in company's standard processes and one or more best practice quality approaches (e.g., CMMI, ISO, six sigma, total quality measurement)
- Excellent organization, team-building, coaching and mentoring, project management and time management skills
- In-depth knowledge of financial services industry and related practice specialty
- Strong financial management and planning skills
- Strong analytical, statistical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to utilize judgment in decision-making processes and decisions related to job tasks
- Requires excellent skills in communicating ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner including presentations
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management in an organized, professional manner
- Proven success in building relationships
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Willing to travel 30% to 50% or as needed.
- Experience with FIS Omni suite of software preferred
What we offer you
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.