Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS, you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
ABOUT THE TEAM:
FIS is looking for a Quality Assurance Manager to join our NextGen Team in Collegeville, PA. We are passionate about our work and take a client-first approach to everything we do. There are great opportunities for learning within this group.
The NextGen Banking Implementations supports the LFI market in the adoption and deployment of next generation Core Banking and Channel Experiences through the implementation of FIS's Modern Banking Platform and Digital One Components.
Their vision is to deliver a repeatable, scalable Next Generation Banking Implementations capability, through innovation and a continuous improvement mindset, resulting in efficient and predictable transformations with high quality, value-driven experiences for customers across the world
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
In this role, your responsibilities will be to direct the activities of a software quality assurance function. Develop quality standards for company products and oversee development and execution of software test plans and analysis of test results.
- Provides guidance in the preparation of technical appraisals of programming languages and systems, computational software and related technology.
- May oversee integration of computers in overall functions of scientific computation, data acquisition transmission and processing.
- Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Conducts internal studies and/or audits on client and product development/engineering or operations team activities to evaluate if processes and deliverables fulfill requirements for quality, to uncover errors or deficiencies in processes and deliverables and to identify strengths and opportunities for improvement; studies and audits include issues such as profitability, productivity and quality.
- Manages and/or participates in overall audit process.
- Monitors applicable business unit work to ensure consistency and compliance with standard processes.
- Contributes to the tactical and strategic planning for future quality programs.
- Stays current with process-related industry standards.
- Communicates quality information throughout the organization.
- Supports development and delivery of training in quality matters.
- Leads and mentors quality assurance team members.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
WHAT YOU BRING:
The ideal candidate will have 7+ years of prior banking or finance related experience, knowledge of FIS products/services, and strong technical skills.
- Thorough knowledge and use of process improvement and quality management methods, tools and technology used to create and support defect-free, application software or business operations processes for which the quality program will be focused
- Considerable knowledge and qualification in company’s standard processes and one or more best practices quality approaches, e.g., CMMI, ISO, six sigma, total quality measurement
- Thorough knowledge and experience conducting risk analyses, quality assessments, audits and/or studies and implementing successful process improvement programs
- Considerable knowledge of the basic principles, processes, phases and roles of application development methodologies and software development life cycles (SDLC)
- Considerable knowledge of the software applications, business operations and processes used within the division
- Skill in understanding clients needs, establishing credibility and building client relationships
- Considerable skill in analysis, solid decision-making and problem solving
- Skill in basic statistics
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve the company and project goals
- Ability to influence and motivate clients and employees
- Ability to succeed in an agile work environment where cross-functional teams work closely together to ensure requirements are met or exceeded
- Ability to demonstrate interpersonal and teambuilding skills, working with technical and non-technical individuals
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
At FIS, we value new ideas and we pride ourselves on providing a wide-range of opportunities for professional growth in a face-paced environment. FIS offers an open-minded collaborative culture with enthusiastic technologists. A true partner. We are dedicated to our team members and our customers equally. We strive to create an environment to help you succeed.
Additional Perks and Benefits such as:
- Company Paid Volunteer Day
- Business casual attire – jeans every day!
- A generous paid time off program in which the benefits increase along with your tenure
- Health coverage offered for you and your family through Health/Vision/Dental/Insurance plans
- 401K with company contribution and Employee Stock Purchase Program with company match
- FIS Gives Back Program – charitable events and activities to help support our local community
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.