Quality Assurance Manager
Quality Assurance Manager
Arrow Electronics is seeking a Senior Quality Assurance Manager to join our exciting eCommerce division in Englewood, CO to support our flagship online products including Arrow.com. The Senior Quality Assurance Manager works under limited supervision of the Director of IT and is responsible for strategic planning and day-to-day oversight of Software Quality Assurance, QA Automation and Software Release Management. Primary responsibilities are assigning and monitoring the work of Quality Assurance Engineers and Release Manager, establishing and ensuring compliance to standard processes and procedures, ensuring changes to existing software meet business need and helping to remove roadblocks to testing success. You will lead an outstanding global team made up of a Release Manager and Quality Assurance Engineers and provide them with career and skills growth opportunities!
- Manage global team members (FTE’s and consultants) and maintain relationship with vendor management.
- Manage process and methodologies designed to support accurate, efficient and repeatable software and application deployments.
- Interface closely with development and operational groups in support of software releases and manage quality assurance tools.
- Mentor and Coach team members.
- Works to monitor cross-train within the team; facilitates cross-training sessions as needed to ensure we stay 2-deep in all areas.
- Define goals and objectives for the team; work to establish meaningful, measurable goals for the team members each year; assist with monitoring of progress toward goal.
- Conduct annual EPR process for team members; provide feedback on team member and provide continual mentoring and coaching.
- 7-10 years of related experience with a 4 year degree; or 5 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent work experience.
- Direct supervision of Quality Assurance, QA Automation Engineers, SDET engineers, and/or building out global team as appropriate.
- Maintain positive employee relationships and nurture professional growth.
- Manage multiple and consecutive projects related to QA Automation and/or Release Management.
- Ensure communication with other teams as well as to/from senior management and team members.
- Experience with functional testing of eCommerce websites, API’s and backend applications (Sitecore, Navison, Hybris Commerce).
- Experience with test driven development, testing frameworks (including data testing, service testing, end to end, etc. ), test automation and release management.
- Experience implementing and supporting QA activities using the Atlassian suite of tools or equivalent (Jira/Zepher, TestRail, etc.)
- Experience implementing automated testing (e.g. Selenium, BrowserStack, Postman) in cloud environments in a DevOps/CI/CD based environment.
- Knowledge of Waterfall and Agile approaches (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe ) to software testing and able to mentor team members to execute effectively.
- Excellent analytical thinking, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with strong ability to influence both technology and business partners.
- Experience implementing standard release management in Agile environment.
- Proven history working in large enterprise level environments supporting onshore and offshore support teams. (Preferred)
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- An understanding of project management principles and Agile methodology.
- Prior working experience in a PCI regulated environment.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Management Information Systems (or similar); Advanced degree (M.S.); or 7+ years of hands on leadership/QA and equivalent experience.
Non-Customer Facing/Supplier Facing