Quality Assurance Leader at SambaSafety
Who we are:
Hi, we’re SambaSafety and we offer the industry’s most comprehensive driver monitoring software. Our technology helps everyone from large corporations to small companies ensure only the safest individuals are driving on behalf of their business. These companies trust SambaSafety to keep their employees safe on the roads, helping protect their brand, greater community and bottom line. Simply put, we save lives and are on a mission to reduce crashes on American roadways 20 percent by 2025.
We’re focused on building an excellent, supportive culture where every employee feels empowered in their role. A quick humble brag, we’ve been recognized as a top place to work by The Denver Post and Built In Colorado. Our employees also believe SambaSafety is top-notch, as we have a solid 4.7-star rating on Glassdoor.
What you’ll do:
The Quality Assurance Leader owns the continued standardization of our Quality program in addition to leading and mentoring QA team members. This person must be an evangelist for thorough software testing, a solid hands-on engineer. Also very focused on managing and balancing teams to meet release schedules while delivering high quality products to our customers. In this role you will be working alongside Product Management and Engineering to promote a collaborative team concept across multiple workstreams where QA has been moved to the beginning of the lifecycle. The qualified applicant will need to be highly open-minded and willing to step out of a traditional QA mindset as we evangelize quality across Test Driven Development (TDD) teams. This is a great opportunity for someone with previous experience managing a QA team of regular and nearshore staff to implement best practices for software testing using both onshore and nearshore testing resources.
Leadership and Testing- 30% - Provides technical expertise and oversees all QA activities for remote employees and nearshore contractors. Hands on with both manual and automation testing.
QA Process and Procedures - 50% - Provides best practice QA solutions to ensure tests are covering the system as a whole, are clear and concise, accurate as well as repeatable by multiple workstreams.
Process & Tool Improvement - 20% - Provides input for overall process improvements. Investigates new tools that help with code coverage analysis and quality metrics.
- Provides technical leadership for distributed teams who are nearshore contractors and remote employees
- Hands on with manual and automation testing activities
- Willing to jump in test when needed
- Must be willing to mentor quality assurance and development engineers in QA best practices
- Foster a high degree of teamwork and collaboration across the organization
- Promote pairing and collaboration throughout the SDLC between Product, Development and QA
- Mentor and coach distributed teams on ‘how to think like a tester’
- Lead and promote the entire quality life cycle
- Develop quality metrics and KPIs to measure software quality across engineering
- Assist with implementing CI/CD and automation infrastructure
- 8+ years of Quality Assurance and software testing
- 2+ years of overseeing multiple QA engineers preferably in a collaborative environment
- Oversees the quality for high volume backend systems and web-based applications
- Comfortable evaluating, hiring and managing QA engineers for manual and automated testing
- Excels in a fast-paced development environment and able to maintain high quality standards
- Experience in Agile methodologies
- Experience with Jira, preferably with XRAY plugin
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Experience with test automation tools and frameworks ie Selenium Webdriver w Java, Jmeter
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Test Driven Development experience a plus
- Open to trying new things and not intimidated by failing
Benefits and Perks:
- Unlimited paid time off
- 401k and generous insurance policies
- Wellness &Tuition reimbursement
- Zoom Happy Hours
- Welcome goody swag bags
- Work from home set up & Monthly Internet stipend
Our team of talented and committed safety professionals is exceptional. At SambaSafety we strive to foster an inclusive culture that supports, encourages and celebrates a wide array of diversity. We are committed to create a space where all employees can show up as their authentic selves every day, and we work to advance employee equality, diversity and inclusion.
SambaSafety provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, and expression or genetics.