Quality Assurance Lead
Who we are...
BombBomb makes it easy to use simple videos to build relationships through email, text and social media. Our team is scrappy and intelligent. Competitive and collaborative. Fun-loving and tenacious. We're close-knit and love adding new talent to the mix. Rehumanizing the planet can't be done without EXCELLENT people and we want to add you to our already amazing team!
Who we're looking for...
The QA Lead is a critical role in delivering products that delight and are easy to use. They will be working directly with other QA members and software engineers to find bugs in development, test the product in beta, and work closely to help applications deploy and run smoothly. Ensuring all development tasks meet quality criteria through test planning, test execution, quality assurance and issue tracking. Performing these roles will greatly reduce the time needed to confidently roll out features and products.
What you will do...
- Provide leadership to the QA organization
- Manage the on-boarding of new QA team member(s)
- Mentor QA team members in QA best practices and help them incorporate those practices into their day-to-day activities
- Oversee all aspects of QA including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met
- Resolve conflicts that may arise within the QA team
- Ensure the QA team is focusing on automation along with manual testing
- Push QA team continuously to innovate
- Review test strategies and see that all the various kinds of testing like unit, functional, performance, stress, acceptance, etc. are getting covered
- Should be focal point of contact for the QA team for all the escalations related to testing and Quality assurance
- Collaborate closely with all customer-facing teams, Product, and Development to deliver tested products to our customers
- Assure the quality of BombBomb’s Software Products
- Work with QA team and developers to test (manual and automated) and qualify changes to BombBomb and associated products, features and tools such that fewer than one critical defect per quarter are released
- Meet regularly with each Technical Lead to provide testing support and to ensure that timelines are being met such that all lines of development are covered by a QA analysis
- Diagnose and identify bugs from incoming reports, producing excellent issue reports to developers
- Be quick, efficient, and thorough
- Use all your resources to provide issue reports quickly, testing products across operating systems, browsers and networks
- Research quickly while being thorough to make sure information being communicated is accurate
- Obtain product knowledge quickly and correctly, through self discovery, to be able to mature within the role
- Advocate for our clients
- Appropriately utilize the client success escalation process to consolidate, summarize and communicate problems our clients are encountering
- Work with the BombBomb Insiders group, and other small focused user groups to test new features and changes in the real world
- Be relentless in proactively defending the customer experience
- Learn, innovate, and grow
- Identify ways to increase the velocity at which we are able to run our test suites by leveraging tools such as Ghost Inspector, Selenium, etc.
- Create quarterly milestones for yearly improvement projects and set deadlines for the team to complete them
- In addition to goals that benefit the company, also work with your supervisor to establish goals around your own professional development. Demonstrate progress in every 1x1 meeting with your supervisor and to see how the position can grow or change
How you'll do it...
Embody BombBomb’s core values: Relationships, Fun, Humility, Flexibility and Service
- Leadership: Ability to lead and mentor team of QA members
- Initiative: Ability to start things independently and without direction
- Problem Solving: Finding solutions to difficult or complex issues
- Intelligence: Adapts quickly to multiple projects and topics with the ability to learn on the fly
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative
- Listening Skills: Seeks to understand and learn the desired outcome of a project and your role within it
- Teamwork: Work with each QA team member, developers, CS, and management to troubleshoot and work through bugs and issues
- Efficiency: Handle project direction with minimal input for maximum results
- Attention to detail: Able to multitask while focusing on all small details to help keep projects on task
Our ideal candidate will be or have...
- 5+ years of QA experience for web and mobile responsive applications
- Bachelors degree in computer science preferred
- Confidence in your ability to create clear and concise test plans that will be utilized amongst the team
- Experience creating test case scenarios from functional or technical specifications
- Experience working with and training other QA analysts
- Ability to multitask and work on many different projects at once
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Passion for education and inspiring others
- Immaculate attention to detail
BombBomb Benefits Package Includes...
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits for you and your family (2 PPO + HSA option)
- 15 days paid time off
- 9 paid holidays
- 401k Plan with employer match
- Weekly company-catered lunch
- Fun workplace: happy hour every Friday and company game room
- Annual Education / Development for your career growth