As a Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer at Dispatch Health you will have a major role in the quality of each stage of software development. You will execute manual testing to ensure the software created meets the requirements. This involves the analysis of software to prevent issues and identifying bugs before the product is delivered to users. By joining our team, you will take part in various projects, take ownership of code quality through exploratory and some automated testing, as permitted.
DispatchHealth provides right-sized healthcare through the power of technology, convenience and service. DispatchHealth delivers on-demand healthcare services to a patient’s home, office or location of need. With a call, click or tap of an app, patients get a skilled medical team at their door in a matter of hours. DispatchHealth is redefining healthcare through a unique mobile acute care delivery model that is high-tech and convenient for patients while alleviating the burden on primary care providers, urgent care facilities and emergency rooms.
- Create the most advanced and complete in-home care model in the world
- Provide patient-centered care through the power of technology, convenience, and service.
- World-class customer service and quality
- Work hard while having fun
- Drive innovation
- Work collaboratively
- Always do what is right for our patients
- Focus on the continuum of care
- Give back to our community
- Create a diverse and inclusive work environment
Practicing “The Dispatch Way”:
- Courageous advocates for patients and each other.
- Clinical innovation with quality and safety top of mind.
- Providing exceptional care by meeting people where they are.
- Manual testing of website and mobile (iOS and Android) applications
- Perform regression testing
- Create and execute thorough test cases and test plans
- Identify, document and track bugs
- Record testing progress and results
- Seek understanding of story and/or bug requirements being tested
- Perform and document risk analysis
- Proactively identify and document potential issues users may encounter
- Work on understanding automated tests to eventually maintain and update existing tests, as well as create new tests
- Contribute to innovation and streamlining the testing process
- 3 years’ experience as a QA Engineer
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Work effectively as a part of a team
- Self-organized with little to no monitoring or supervision
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong time management skills
- Open to constructive feedback and turning it into process improvements
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience in an automated testing environment
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Career advancement opportunities
- Be part of something new, exciting and progressive
- Healthcare benefits and 401k provided with full-time employment
- Flexible schedule
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job; however, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.