Quality Assurance Engineer
Who we are...
BombBomb makes it easy to use simple videos to build relationships through email, text and social media. Our team is scrappy and intelligent. Competitive and collaborative. Fun-loving and tenacious. We're close-knit and love adding new talent to the mix. Rehumanizing the planet can't be done without EXCELLENT people and we want to add you to our already amazing team!
Who we're looking for...
The Quality Assurance Engineer will be responsible for developing and improving the perceived and measurable quality of BombBomb’s software products through manual and automated testing. This role will establish and regularly measure key performance metrics against agreed upon goals. This position requires the ability to work effectively under pressure to identify problems in a timely manner, along with the ability to work within a dynamic team environment.
By using an in-depth knowledge of BombBomb’s products and processes, the Quality Assurance Engineer’s primary focus is to test and verify desired outcomes for all new projects launched. This role will require a strong knowledge of the expected functionality of the product as well as a keen eye for the end user experience. The Quality Engineer will work closely with the Development and Product teams to ensure everything that is built is testable and thoroughly tested before release.
The Quality Assurance Engineer must possess strong technical and analytical skills to develop test plans for each product release. Additional role requirements are to perform testing of software iterations and ensure stable results for existing functions of BombBomb in production.
What you will do...
- Perform end to end project testing activities to deliver top quality software products
- Participate in release/sprint planning activities and daily stand-up meetings
- Develop manual and automated test cases for websites, web apps, and native mobile applications
- Innovate and improve upon test methodologies, efficiencies and incorporate automation
- Define and implement automated regression and new feature tests
- Ensure regression suites sufficiently cover product features and areas of risk
- Work within our Agile team structure to test development deliverables
- Utilize scripting / programming knowledge to create tests
- Keep the customer experience top of mind during the testing process
- Partner with Developers and Product Owners to create/review test plans for all product releases
- Demo new products to Internal Customer as needed
- Assist Customer Success and other departments with questions during product launches
- Thorough documentation of testing processes, scripts and findings to ensure all bases are covered
- Continuously and effectively advocate for the reduction in active defects
How you'll do it...
Embody BombBomb’s core values: Relationships, Fun, Humility, Flexibility and Service
- Customer Experience: Be the last line of defense against bad user experience by keeping the customer top-of-mind during all testing phases.
- Quality Assurance: As a manual and automated Product Tester, you must have a strong knowledge of our web applications, inbox products, and mobile apps. You need to be aware of any quality assurance issues that arise with any of our products. You will work with customer facing departments, Product, and Development to determine scope, impact, and prioritization, and resolution of all quality assurance issues.
- Collaboration: With your experience in both Customer Care and Quality Assurance, you are the natural bridge between these two disciplines and thus are able to collaborate closely with all customer facing teams, Product, and Development to deliver tested products to our customers.
- Attention to Detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project
Our ideal candidate will be or have…
- 3+ years of software testing experience
- 2+ years automated testing experience
- Experience with Agile and/or Kanban development methodologies
- Programming or automated scripting experience
- Experience with PHP / React / PHPUnit
- Experience with Git
- Experience with iOS and Android app testing
- Experience in test case and defect creation
- Knowledge of web service technologies and testing (automated preferred)
- Experience with formal and best practices for QA Documentation: Project Sizing, Test Plan, Test Case, Execution Reports, etc.
- Experience in test frameworks and tools
- Expertise in the delivery of test automation solutions over various platforms, Server, Web and native Mobile
BombBomb Benefits Package Includes...
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits for you and your family (2 PPO + HSA option)
- 15 days paid time off
- 9 paid holidays
- 401k Plan with employer match
- Weekly company-catered lunch
- Fun workplace: happy hour every Friday and company game room
- Annual Education/Development for your career growth