We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - Nor do we look for the right "fit" with us, we look for the Add! We encourage you to apply for a role at Pax8 even if you don’t meet 100% of the bullet points. We believe in cultivating an environment where there are a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive in an inclusive environment.
Pax8 also encourages all applicants authorized to work in the US to apply regardless of location.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer II develops and executes functional, backend, web services and exploratory test methods to ensure product quality. They are responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure that the software runs smoothly and meets the company’s standards, while also being cost-effective. The QA Engineer designs and implements tests, and debugs and defines corrective actions. They also review business and technical requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.) The QA Engineer collaborates with project stakeholders, QA engineers, and software developers as part of the software development life cycle to produce quality software. They also participate in all phases of testing, including planning, development, regression testing and the revision of project plans and scope.
Essential Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to):
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop, and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing methodologies tools and test strategies
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- At least three (3) years of Quality Assurance experience
- Knowledge of defect tracking tools
- Knowledge of Automation processes and principles
- Experience using CI Tools (Jenkins) and (GitHub)
- Knowledge of database management tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of the Engineering team
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
Required Education & Certifications:
- B.A./B.S. in related field; or equivalent work experience
- Qualified candidates can expect a salary beginning at $75,000 or more depending on experience
*Note: Compensation is benchmarked on local market rates. Qualified candidates in other locations can expect a salary package that may be adjusted based off applicable cost of wages in their respective location.
At Pax8 we believe that your Total Rewards should include a benefits package that shows how much we value our greatest assets. Pax8 people enjoy the following benefits:
Non-Commissioned Bonus Plans or Variable Commission
401(k) plan with employer match
Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
Flexible, Open Vacation
Paid Sick Time Off
Extended Leave for Life events
RTD Eco Pass (For local Colorado Employees)
Career Development Programs
Stock Option Eligibility
Employee-led Resource Groups
Pax8 is the leading value-added cloud-based SaaS distributor, simplifying the cloud journey for our partners by integrating technology, business intelligence and proactive service to deliver an unparalleled experience. Serving over 13,000 partners through the indirect sales channel, our mission is to be the world’s favorite place to buy cloud products. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and high-energy startup organization, allowing you to make a meaningful impact on the business. Culture is important to us, and at Pax8, it’s business, and it IS personal. We are passionate, creative and humorously offbeat. We work hard, keep it fun, and expect the best. We Elev8 each other. We Advoc8 for our partners. We Innov8 continuously. We Celebr8 life.
Pax8 not only wins numerous awards in our field but we have time and again been voted among the best places to work in Denver. We are committed to our goal of being the #1 employer of choice!
Pax8 is an EEOC Employer.