Quality Assurance Analyst at Workiva
At Workiva we create best-in-class, next-generation collaborative solutions for enterprise productivity. We pride ourselves on bringing the consumer level user experience to business users. We love our customers, and they love us back. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today's most challenging problems. Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Wdesk is an all-in-one platform that simplifies complex collaboration while keeping data in sync, thus reducing risk. Wdesk is being used by thousands of companies globally, including over 70% of the 500 largest U.S. corporations by total revenue. We solve problems that allow our users to spend more time with their families.
Working as Quality Assurance on an engineering team, you'll use and build cutting-edge testing tools with agile processes to plan and conduct functional and acceptance testing of our software products. You'll use testing frameworks and methodologies to ensure that we provide the best possible experience to our customers through quality-driven products.
This position joins a team building services and features for Workiva's SOX and Audit solutions. We expect upcoming work to support new types of audits, evidence files, or workflows that customers cannot currently do in Wdesk. We also routinely work on improving performance, user efficiency, and user experience in the application. Workiva uses a tight feedback loop with customers to re-prioritize work accordingly in an Agile development process. We're committed to solving real customer problems and use this feedback loop to ensure we're delighting them with our solutions.
The team routinely works full-stack. The frontend is a single-page application leveraging Dart, HTML5, and CSS. The backend services are in Python, Java, and Kotlin, deployed in a Cloud environment using Kubernetes and Amazon AWS.
Workiva wants every team (and every individual) to have autonomy and ownership over their team's deployment, production monitoring, and architecture. We facilitate this by helping individuals grow over time in expertise and with opportunities to lead. Since every position collaborates with the rest of Workiva's teams to build a cohesive product, leadership and communication skills lead to growth and opportunity here.
What You'll Do:
- Champion ways teams can improve processes and testing approaches
- Educate and promote the tools available for the team to be successful in delivering high-quality products.
- Gather and analyze data to drive customer-first, quality-minded testing practices and improvements.
- Collaborate closely with product teams and stakeholders to correctly identify and resolve issues
- Organize and implement functional and nonfunctional testing within an iterative development methodology
- Create, review, and maintain robust automated regression and data-driven tests
- Contribute to the company and our culture
- Automate testing using Dart & Selenium
- Engineer tests to verify and validate application performance
- Write and/or review unit or API tests
What You'll Need:
- 2 or more years in the software industry, working in an agile or lean environment
- Strong critical thinking skills, analytical approach, and problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to maintain and configure testing environments
- Strong understanding of effective SDLC and QA methodologies.
- Knowledge of how to test interfaces and integrated systems
- Desire to improve testing process through constant evaluation and analysis
- Proven track record of using data to drive quality within products
- Ability to work as part of a team to solve technical problems
- Experience establishing and developing relationships with peers and co-workers
- Ability to create and execute automated and manual testing strategies; experience in automated testing on browser-based applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Selenium, Sauce Labs, or other automated testing tools