Quality Assurance Analyst
Who we are...
BombBomb makes it easy to use simple videos to build relationships through email, text and social media. Our team is scrappy and intelligent. Competitive and collaborative. Fun-loving and tenacious. We're close-knit and love adding new talent to the mix. Rehumanizing the planet can't be done without EXCELLENT people and we want to add you to our already amazing team!
Who we're looking for...
The Quality Assurance Analyst will be responsible for developing and improving the perceived and measurable quality of BombBomb’s software products through manual and automated testing. This role will establish and regularly measure key performance metrics against agreed upon goals. This position requires the ability to work effectively under pressure to identify problems in a timely manner, along with the ability to work within a dynamic team environment.
By using an in-depth knowledge of BombBomb’s products and processes, the Quality Assurance Analyst’s primary focus is to test and verify desired outcomes for all new projects launched. This role will require a strong knowledge of the expected functionality of the project as well as a keen eye for the end user experience. The Quality Analyst will work closely with the Development and Product teams to ensure everything that is built is testable and thoroughly tested before release.
The Quality Assurance Analyst must possess strong analytical skills to develop and create test plans for each product release. Additional role requirements are to perform testing of software iterations and ensure stable results for existing functions of BombBomb in production.
What you will do...
- Manually test products during the hand-off from Development to Product
- Keep the customer experience top of mind during the testing process
- Report found bugs back to Product
- Partner with Developers to create test plans for all product + releases
- Assist with coordination of alpha and beta test groups
- Demo new products to Internal Customer as needed
- Assist Customer Success and other departments with questions during product launches
- Manage the Voice of Customer process
- Incorporate more user stories in testing plans and full customer workflows
- Play a strong role in the recap meetings for all Product launches. Work with the Product Managers to ensure this meeting is scheduled
- Thorough documentation of testing processes and findings to ensure all bases are covered
- Set-up and monitor automated testing when there are no active Product testing needs
- Within 2 months have established dominance over manually testing process for Product. Goal is to effectively decrease release bugs and issues
- Within 2 months you will co-own the Bug Database processes and enable better communication for all stakeholders invested in any bug
- Catch, document and see to resolution an average of 2 bug per card you test
- Author at least four valuable automated tests per month, while maintaining the growing suite
- Continuously and effectively advocate for the reduction in active defects
How you'll do it...
Embody BombBomb’s core values: Relationships, Fun, Humility, Flexibility and Service
Customer Experience: Be the last line of defense against bad user experience by keeping the customer top-of-mind during all testing phases.
Quality Assurance: As a manual Product Tester, you must have a strong knowledge of our web applications, inbox products, and mobile apps. You need to be aware of any quality assurance issues that arise with any of our products. You will work with customer facing departments, Product, and Development to determine scope, impact, and prioritization of all quality assurance issues.
Collaboration: With your experience in both Customer Care and Quality Assurance, you are the natural bridge between these two disciplines and thus are able to collaborate closely with all customer facing teams, Product, and Development to deliver tested products to our customers.
Attention to Detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project
Our ideal candidate will be or have…
- 3+ years of software testing experience
- Experience with Agile and/or Kanban development methodologies.
- Experience with PHP / React / PHPUnit
- Experience with Git
- Experience with iOS and Android app testing
- Experience in test case and defect creation
- Knowledge of web service technologies and testing.
BombBomb Benefits Package Includes...
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits for you and your family (2 PPO + HSA option)
- 15 days paid time off
- 8 paid holidays
- 401k Plan with employer match
- Weekly company-catered lunch
- Fun workplace: happy hour every Friday and company game room
- Annual Education/Development for your career growth