QC Inspector II - Quality Assurance at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
QC Inspector II – Quality Assurance
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain working knowledge of Ball Process Library.
- Perform basic dimensional inspections using micrometers, calipers, feeler gages, etc.
- Create and maintain First Article Inspection Reports, as required.
- Support Government and/or Customer Source Inspections, as required.
- Inspect incoming or production materials or articles for conformance to engineering drawings, schematics, and specifications; process standards and specifications; and production or process plans.
- Perform incoming test of components. Monitor for conformance to design or test specifications or standards.
- Accept or reject materials or articles; identify and document non-conformance and notify appropriate personnel of potential rejection of items.
- Refer/document unusual inspection problems to supervision, lead or Project Quality Engineer.
- Apply/enforce/comprehend accept/reject criteria and revision status from engineering drawings, MIL-specs, screening specs, or process certification training.
- Witness or monitor functional/performance testing at sub-assembly and/or end-item level.
- Obtain and maintain all certification process and/or NDT certifications required for assigned tasks.
- Troubleshoot inspection problems related to fixtures, software, drawings, documentation, or processes.
- Perform Final Inspection and review documentation required for end-item shipments.
- Perform analytical investigations and report inspection problems including trend analysis.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 4 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 2 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $19.71 - $26.44 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.