QA Software Engineer
Wowza is seeking a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to perform testing on our range of Wowza Streaming products, including the following:
• Wowza Streaming Engine
• Wowza Streaming Cloud
• Wowza ClearCaster
• Wowza GoCoder
• Wowza Player
• Wowza Web Systems
The ideal candidate will have agile experience testing web services, web applications, mobile and desktop applications, and hardware. This position and will be located in our Golden office location.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
• Plan and perform manual, black-box functional and regression testing for Wowza Streaming applications, services, and hardware
• Work closely with development and product teams to develop, review and maintain test plans and testcases
• Ensure that quality assurance best practices are consistently implemented during development and testing
• Actively identify testing coverage gaps and strive to continuously improve the overall testing approach
• Must have at least 5 years experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer
• Strong working knowledge of operating systems, such as Windows, Linux, and OSX
• Understanding of the Agile development lifecycle and iteration-based development
• Good communication and problem solving skills along with a desire to continue to learn new technologies
• Ability to self-motivate and work indendently
• Proven experience working with remote teams
• Familiar with TestRail, a web-based test management application
• Knowledge of Jira, an application lifecycle and defect tracking system
• Experience developing and maintaining automation frameworks
• Familiar with API testing
• Understanding of streaming media protocols and codecs
• Experience with Amazon Web Services, Azure, and Google Cloud
• Experience testing applications on iOS and Android devices
• Comfortable with command-line utilities, such as wget and/or cURL
• Familiar with ffmpeg
Who We Are
Wowza Media Systems (www.wowza.com) creates streaming products and services for delivering video and audio streams to any screen, from desktops to televisions to mobile devices. We have been in business for over ten years, won numerous industry awards, and are driving over 19,000 customers in more than 170 countries.
We are committed to shaping the streaming industry and lead the way with products and services that both simplify streaming, and provide tools for advanced users to build their own customized solutions. By staying true to our focus on customer success we continue to redefine our industry and impact the world.
What we love about working at Wowza:
- Million Dollar Views of the Mountains, Denver Metro, and Live Buffalo!
- Strong benefits package including Health, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance, PTO and 401k match
- An appetizing kitchen stocked with food and drinks…. dog treats too!
- The ability to work with amazing clients and partners such as ESPN, Walt Disney, Facebook, US Air Force, Harvard University and Amazon
- Yoga Classes and Gym Discounts to satisfy that urge to move
- Spacious office with state of the art equipment
This is a great opportunity to build an exciting and rewarding career with an innovative, successful emerging technology company that is passionate about our customers and has a track record of delivering results.