About the Team
We are seeking an energetic QA Engineer who will play a key role in analyzing thew quality of data collected from various sources within VIZIO. You'll be part of a team based in Denver Colorado that's responsible for collecting, visualizing, reporting, and validating data collected by Vizio. What You Will Do
- You are able to effectively document and troubleshoot errors in data.
- You have a keen eye for detail and patience to track down difficult issues.
- You possess an analytical mind, critical-thinking skills, and problem-solving aptitude.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You are able to drive issues and deliver quality results with a great deal of autonomy.
- You ideally have previous experience in Data Quality Assurance or a similar role.
- You have experience in project management and QA methodology.
- You are comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
- You have 2+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, and you have earned a B.S in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
- You have demonstrated experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- You have experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
About VIZIO We are Beautifully Simple.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, MSK, S3, RDS, SNS, SQS
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Structured-Streaming, Kafka consumers, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala, R, SQL, etc.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: AWS Data Pipeline, Apache Airflow, Argo, etc.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc
- Experience with software engineering tools/practices: Github, VSCode, CI/CD, etc.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and the #1 Sound Bar Brand in America. VIZIO's mission is to deliver high performance, smarter products with the latest innovations at a significant savings that we can pass along to our consumers. Our loyal following and industry-wide praise continues to grow as we redefine what it means to be smart. VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third-party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly. For Colorado-based employment: The minimum salary for this position is $64,000/year. The compensation package includes quarterly bonus in addition to a range of medical, dental, vision, financial and other benefits.