Quality Assurance Engineer
Homebot is an exciting, fast-growing startup, revolutionizing how homeowners build wealth with the single largest asset they’ll ever own -- their home.
We sell our platform services to real estate agents, lenders and loan servicers as a way to keep customers engaged long after the sale is complete.
Our customers love us and we love them! We are growing rapidly and need an experienced, innovative and results-oriented QA Engineer to maintain the level of trust and delight for our awesome customers!
This QA engineer will work on our existing WebDriver.io foundation and both backfill missing automated tests and work with engineers on sprints to write tests for new features.
If this opportunity gets you pumped - perfect! Apply below and we look forward to speaking with you very soon!
Who We Strive To Be:
- Servant Leaders: Serving our teammates and customers first, with the purpose of enabling and supporting them to be successful
- Learners: We learn and share from experiences and mistakes
- One Team: We make decisions, get in the same boat, and paddle together
Characteristics of an Incredible Homebot QA Engineer:
- Writing tests, finding bugs and diagnosing them is a piece of cake for you
- You love a challenge and have a passion for learning new technologies
- You wake up thinking about quality
- Understand our software, debug problems using logs and error files, write automated tests scripts and/or use user-level automated tools.
- Work closely with the developers to ensure software quality and deadlines are met
- Show creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
- Demonstrate competence and self-motivation in analyzing problems and performing root cause analysis
- Create user scenarios for existing and new functionality
- Ability to communicate effectively cross-department
- Work closely with design and product to develop user scenarios
- Work closely with engineering to automate tests and diagnose and document bugs
- 4+ years of experience in a SDET or QAE role on web and responsive web environments
- 3+ years of experience with qa automation. Selenium & WebDriver.io experience preferred.
- Experience with manual testing
- Basic software engineering experience
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- SQL understanding and experience
- Experience working with unit test frameworks
- You are familiar with Real Estate and/or Mortgage Lending and the different stakeholders involved with homeownership
- Experienced leadership team with success in multiple exits
- Health benefits, 401K & EcoPass for lightrail and bus system
- Great vacation policy - we believe in taking care of yourself
- New office overlooking Union Station
- Opportunities for growth!
More about Homebot:
Problem we’re solving:
The US homeownership market is the largest asset class in the world at $30 trillion but is essentially an “unmanaged” asset that causes homeowners to leave billions of dollars on the table every year. At the same time, loan officers and real estate agents spent $20 billion a year on desperate attempts to maintain mindshare and loyalty with their past clients in hopes of gaining more repeat and referral business.
Each month, Homebot delivers a personalized report to homeowners that tracks home value, mortgages and market conditions, advice about when to buy or sell, when to refinance, when to drop mortgage insurance, how to save by strategically paying principal payments, and even estimates potential rental income from Airbnb. Homebot helps homeowners build wealth faster by making them feel empowered and confident about making smart home finance decisions.
But the only way a homeowner can get Homebot is from their lender or real estate agent, and this is where we make magic happen. Homebot respects the existing relationships between homeowner, lender and real estate agent and becomes a machine for generating repeat and referral business while creating incredible loyalty by providing something their clients actually love to receive - every month.
It’s definitely a game-changer and we are truly making an impact. Join our team and be a part of something big!
Check out our website at www.homebot.ai
* We realize your time is very valuable. Please do not apply if you do not have the minimum experience for this role. Thank you! *