QA Engineer at DISH (Greater Denver Area, CO)
DISH Business has experienced significant growth in the commercial market over the past few years with even greater growth expected moving forward. Launching numerous innovative and technically advanced products has played a key role in fueling this growth. While exciting, this has added significant complexity and challenges to our business, so we need your help!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and executing the test cases and automation solutions for testing each DISH IP/DISH QAM software release candidate
- Work closely with DT Engineering on test results, raising bugs including adding prioritizations, tracking progress during weekly meetings and communicating with the department on timelines for resolutions
- Developing a beta program for field testing DISH IP/QAM software and communicating results with DT Engineering especially if any critical blockers surface
- Work in tandem with DT Engineering QA testers to ensure alignment on lab readiness, tests being performed, outcomes, etc. to ensure no gaps exist between what each side is responsible for and doing #LI-TD4
Skills, Experience and Requirements
Minimum required skills / experience:
- 2+ years QA/Testing experience
- Linux administration experience
- Experience with test automation
- Experience with common programming/scripting languages. Python expertise is highly preferred
- Working/testing knowledge of Broadband IP and Multicast networking
- Network experience with configuring and troubleshooting VLANs, IGMP, and TCP/IP protocols
Desired skills / experience:
- 2+ years experience with automated software testing, including designing test automation concepts and frameworks e.g. Selenium and Appium
- Experience with Jenkins
- Bonus if you have working/testing knowledge of TV Setup Boxes (STBs)
- Experience with Linux server installation and troubleshooting
- Experience with virtual machine configuration (KVM)
Compensation: $57,400.00/Year - $82,000.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website .
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.