QA Engineer (Systems)
Greater Boulder Area
Position: QA Engineer (Systems)
You’ll be actively involved in all phases of the software development life cycle: collaborating with development teams to create test plans and test cases; executing manual and automated functional, regression, and performance tests; developing and maintaining automated tests; working with code libraries and enhancing the automation test framework and infrastructure. The QA Engineer collaborates with the software engineering team to specify test cases which help guide development and help developers define unit/integration tests.
- Defining, developing and implementing quality assurance practices and methodology in test plans and test cases.
- Executing and writing manual and automated software tests.
- Conducting technical discussions with internal development partners to understand their designs and intended output.
- Hands-on testing of server components, system interfaces and client components.
- API service testing and browser based UI testing of web-based applications, native application testing on various operating systems, and end-to-end system testing.
We’re looking for…
- 4 + years experience testing system applications and specifying/organizing/implementing automated functional tests for the same.
- Experience and understanding of test automation tools for system applications and system APIs.
- Experience or interest in writing automated software tests.
- Experience ensuring quality within an environment of rapid product release cycles and a passion to understand and apply an Agile approach to software development and test.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills and ability to work closely in a team oriented environment
- Complete understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle and QA’s role in it.
Bonus if you have the following:
- Deep experience with at least one of the following Operating Systems: Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, especially around policies and user account management
- Prior experience with small companies and dynamic fast-paced projects.
- Degree in Computer Science, Technology or related field
- Experience with Continuous Delivery and CD pipeline and associated tools
- Experience testing web UIs and APIs (manual and/or automated)
Read Full Job Description