QA Automation Engineer at IHS Markit Digital
At IHS Markit, we are building a software solution that connects data in revolutionary ways, illuminating answers that were previously impossible to find and empowering our clients to envision the future, so they can determine the best course of action in the present. We are disrupting the current digital transformation landscape with state-of-the-art AI developed by a passionate team explore and push the boundaries of digital transformation technologies.
Our development team architect and design high-availability, scalable, and fault tolerant systems that are decoupled and easy-to-maintain. A core part of our development philosophy revolves around Microservices and the DevOps model. All our new products are developed using a microservice architecture, are containerized, and are then deployed on container management systems such as Kubernetes. The members on our teams subscribe to a DevOps model where time-to-market functions as a vital measure of our performance, productivity, and success. We are committed to stay ahead of the curve and we are always looking at new technologies that can enhance our product offerings.
IHS Markit is seeking a motivated, Software Quality Engineer based in Denver, CO who will report to the Assistant Director of Software Development for our currently unreleased digital transformation solution. This role will be responsible for working with the Senior QA Automation Engineer to deliver automated testing as well as operational support in cooperation with the rest of the scrum team. The Software Quality Engineer is engaged with developers, IT and project owners to implement software testing strategies that integrates with our CI/CD pipeline. The candidate should be able to demonstrate basic knowledge with test automation. The candidate should have a passion for learning new tools, technology, and test automation patterns as needed as we grow our architecture and technology stack.
- Assists the Senior QA Automation Engineer with the development of automated and manual test cases.
- Experience defining and executing test plans & test cases and reporting results.
- Ability to write clear and concise bug tickets using defect/ticket tracking systems. Must be able to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Works well with other departments – Dev/PM/Product Owner.
- Experience testing web applications (.Net, Angular, React, Node.js).
- Basic experience writing automation scripts using Protractor, Selenium, or Cypress.
- Experience in working with an Agile software development team.
- Basic Experience with IDE (IntelliJ, WebStorm, Eclipse, Visual Studio).
- Experience with bug tracking system (Azure DevOps, Jira).
- Highly collaborative – an affinity for solving complex problems through dialog with team members.
- Displays an aptitude for growing knowledge and expertise.
- Ability to work and grow with a highly adaptable and motivated team.
- Innovation – the courage to challenge prevailing assumptions and suggest better ways of doing things to achieve business value.
- Experience with other programming languages and frameworks would be advantageous.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a globally distributed software development team.
What We Offer
- Competitive base salary, bonus plans and equity.
- A comprehensive, benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3 volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits, please access the benefits page on our careers site: https://careers.ihsmarkit.com/benefits.php.
- For work locations in the state of Colorado, the anticipated base salary range for this role would be between $50,674 and $61,934. Compensation will be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the applicant.