How to apply: https://boards.greenhouse.io/campminder
Time to apply: 45+ minutes (few short answer questions + resume + cover letter)
Who We Are
At CampMinder, we build beautiful, intuitive, web-based systems to streamline summer camp business operations. Since 2001, CampMinder has been an industry leader serving over 900 camps and 500k+ campers throughout the United States and beyond.
Headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, CampMinder cultivates a purpose-driven, values-led culture. Our #1 priority is employee engagement. Engaged employees bring their best selves to work which helps create a powerful experience for our clients. That's why our mission is to foster a world where work is fulfilling and life is fun - for the employees, camps, and families we serve. Learn more about our nationally recognized culture at www.campminder.com/culture.About The Role
This QA Automation Engineer will help ensure product quality by monitoring all stages of software development to identify and resolve issues to meet quality standards. They will play a vital role in our ability to deliver functional, sustainable products to summer camps, making it easier for them to achieve their goals.
CampMinder’s QA, Engineering, and Product teams are highly collaborative and value brainstorming and solving problems together, rather than individually. We don’t always agree on everything, but we resolve our differences respectfully. We break our work down in small portions and fully embrace Agile methodologies like pair programming.What You’ll Do
- Collaborate and contribute with integrated teams of Software Engineers, Quality Specialists, Product Managers in one or more of our agile software development teams
- Pair with QA Testers to learn our product and domain, and then help identify our gaps in quality coverage, test automation, and process
- Create and organize test cases that translate institutional knowledge into automated test suites
- Help shape our vision for the overall QA strategy of our products and drive automation at the appropriate levels
- Formulate and organize a test regression suite
- Design automated tests, initially covering the regression suites
- Execute manual user scenario, integration, and regression tests to proactively isolate issues pre- and post-deployment
- Partner with DevOps and Software Engineers to integrate your automated tests into our build and release CI pipelines
- Serve as one of our testing subject matter experts, helping to create a quality center of excellence
We are looking for an individual who is:
- Aligned with our core values: Own It, Find A Better Way, Put Team First, Be Admirable, Give Joy, and Wonder
- Willing to work as part of a team, but can also work independently
- Passionate about and good at solving complex problems
- When needed, willing to roll up your sleeves and perform manual testing
- Organized and methodical enough to keep making progress on the test automation big picture with many competing requirements for your time
- Strong experience creating and automating regression test suites
- 2-3 years of experience with test automation tools, examples include but not limited to Cypress, Selenium, Appium, Mocha, Cucumber, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in software QA positions testing web applications including experience with manual, regression, user scenario, and integration testing
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Ability to research industry and market testing tools, frameworks, and technologies
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Familiarity with CI/CD technologies
- Experience with source control (GIT)
- Mobile application testing
Due to COVID-19, all CampMinder employees are working from home for the immediate future. We ask that you have a reliable, high-speed internet connection and be available during standard business hours. In the event we reopen the office in some capacity, you will need to live within reasonable commuting distance from the office in Boulder, Colorado and be willing to work on-site at least 2-3 days per week. For the right candidate, we may be willing to consider someone fully remote. Must be eligible to work full-time and reside within the continental United States.CampMinder Employee Benefits
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid parental leave for all new parents, including via surrogacy and foster care
- Company-paid disability and life insurance
- 401(k) with 4% company matching
- Trust-Based (flexible) PTO Flexibility to WFH to as needed to accommodate for family needs, focused work time, etc.
- Monthly wellness allowance
- Supportive co-workers and leadership
- Focus on learning and growth
- Onsite office benefits:
- Weekly fresh fruit, snacks, coffee, catered all-company lunch meetings
- Close to walking paths and food trucks
- Well-behaved dogs welcome!
- Lockers and shower - get your mid-day workout in!
Compensation: Our target hiring range is $85,000 - $115,000. Actual compensation and title will be commensurate with experience, skills and education.
We're actively taking steps to make sure our culture is inclusive and that our processes and practices promote equity for all, including people of color, people from working-class backgrounds, women, and members of the LGBTQ+ community. We welcome and encourage applications from people with these identities or members of other marginalized groups.