QA Automation Engineer at IHS Markit Digital
At IHS Markit, we are building a software solution that connects data in revolutionary ways, illuminating answers that were previously impossible to find and empowering our clients to envision the future, so they can determine the best course of action in the present. We are disrupting the current digital transformation landscape with state-of-the-art AI developed by a passionate team explore and push the boundaries of digital transformation technologies.
Our development team architect and design high-availability, scalable, and fault tolerant systems that are decoupled and easy-to-maintain. A core part of our development philosophy revolves around Microservices and the DevOps model. All our new products are developed using a microservice architecture, are containerized, and are then deployed on container management systems such as Kubernetes. The members on our teams subscribe to a DevOps model where time-to-market functions as a vital measure of our performance, productivity, and success. We are committed to stay ahead of the curve and we are always looking at new technologies that can enhance our product offerings.
- Guides the planning, creation and execution of tests both manual and automated tests using test automation tools. Understands the concepts behind and when to do automation.
- Experience defining and executing test plans & test cases and reporting results.
- Ability to write clear and concise bug tickets using defect/ticket tracking systems Must be able to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Has demonstrated test engineer capabilities works well with other departments – Dev/PM/Product Owner.
- Demonstrates a sense of ownership and are proactive in terms of advancing our automation capabilities and process.
- Expertise testing web applications (.Net, Angular, Node.js)
- Experience writing automation scripts using Protractor for Angular apps or modern Single-Page-Applications. Or Selenium. This position is for someone who can write/execute both automation and manual Test Scripts/Cases
- Experience in working with an Agile software development team.
- Experience with IDE (IntelliJ, WebStorm, Eclipse, Visual Studio)
- Experience with bug tracking system (Azure DevOps)
- Experience with Performance and load testing (CloudTest, Cloud Testing using ADOPS)
- Highly collaborative – an affinity for solving complex problems through dialog with team members.
- Innovation – the courage to challenge prevailing assumptions and suggest better ways of doing things to achieve business value.
- Experience with other programming languages and frameworks would be advantageous.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a globally distributed software development team.