QA Automation Engineer
You are experienced with software QA or as an SDET. You have C# or C/C++ programming skills or training, and you seek to apply those skills in a role as a Software Development Engineering in test, (SDET) developing testing software component/objects for automation. At Webroot, in Broomfield, CO, we are seeking an up and coming QA/SDET professional to grow with our team developing cutting-edge web security applications and services. As a QA Automation/SDET professional you will become an integral part of our product release team. You will work with our team of talented engineers to facilitate development and testing of the next generation of threat intelligence applications. This is an opportunity to grow and thrive in the information security and threat detection field. Apply today!
In this job you will:
- Participate in all aspects of product delivery, including review of design documents, user stories, acceptance criteria, and functional specifications
- Develop test tools and test automation scripts that will help with the delivering of the product.
- Interpret product specifications and develop comprehensive test design/plan to perform functional and load testing
- Perform the required tests to validate the feature’s functionalities and performance, and communicate the progress to the team.
- Configure and maintain testing environment being used by the team for testing
- Working together with other teams to deliver the team goals and objectives.
- Take ownership of the product quality for the project assigned to work on.
You bring to the table:
- Strong troubleshooting, debugging, and problem solving skills
- Experience with developing test tools, and automated testing of software components/objects
- Experience in one or more programing/script language (e.g. C/C++, C#, Python, Shell Script, etc.)
- Ideally C#
- Experience testing web service and technologies being used with web services (e.g. REST and JSON, XML, HTTP, Web Server, etc.)
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) paradigm/concept.
- Solid understanding of technique and approach for testing test software components/objects
- Solid understanding in Virtualization environment, mainly VMWare.
- Solid understanding of Windows Operating Systems, that is, able to install and configure a new system when required.
- Solid understanding of how N-Tier enterprise application work.
- Very adaptive to fast changing environment, willing and able to acquire new skillset as required
- Able to communicate affectively among team with a wide range of technical backgrounds and experiences
- Degree in Computer Science or relate field
At Webroot, we do more than secure our customers' personal computers, mobile devices and networks. We also nurture our employees' most critical assets – their talents, experience, and career aspirations. Webroot has the energy of a start-up with the strength and stability of an Internet security market leader. We foster the innovative culture you'd expect of a company that's making a statement. Webroot is a company in which you can invest yourself fully, knowing that you're not only protecting our customers around the world, but also that your talents and innovation will be recognized and rewarded. We encourage you to learn more about us and explore our job openings. Secure your future. Ensure the same for your career. Principals only - no third parties, please. Webroot Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At Webroot, we believe in rewarding success.