QA Analyst II at Vertafore
Employees in this role design and implement test plans to ensure that software functions as expected to meet or exceed customer's standards.
As a Vertafore QA Analyst II, you will be instrumental in Vertafore's ongoing success within the insurance industry. Our QA Analysts work with our development teams, focusing on the providing the best products for our valued customers. This is a fast paced, ever changing environment. We continually challenge ourselves to exceed objectives, remove barriers, meet crucial deadlines, and maintain multiple projects, all while pioneering ways for efficiency with a team player attitude. If you have a passion for product quality, love technology, and enjoy thinking outside the box, you're who we are looking for.
Core requirements and responsibilities:
- Identifies functional risk and how it applies to test planning and test case creation
- Assesses risk for business/customer impact
- Communicates risks that are not mitigated through testing to Senior QA Analyst
- Provides input on user acceptance criteria
- Prioritizes risk and test cases with review by peers and seniors
- Provides feedback to software engineers on features or changes and usability metrics to enhance the user experience
- Reviews test scenarios, test plans, and test cases and provides feedback to ensure coverage of specific features or aspects of the product according to requirements and user acceptance criteria
- Writes and checks own test cases for quality and submits test cases for review
- Conducts systems set-up, and maintains test environments (varies by product)
- Completes manual front-end user testing of features or aspects of products according to test plan; identifies opportunities for automation
- Participates in code reviews and communicates with software engineers and software engineers in test to ensure front-end test coverage based on their code changes
- Identifies bugs or defects, troubleshoots issues, and verifies bug fixes; communicates risks and escalates potential issues that inhibit a quality user experience
- Opens bugs based on issues found during testing and troubleshooting
- Contributes to triage sessions to help resolve bugs or defects in new code or during production; investigates customer requests as needed
- Documents test cases, test results, and release notes (as applicable); contributes to internal documentation throughout release cycle
- Provides feedback on, uses, and updates documentation on user stories and work items
- Contribute to test automation scripts
Other job duties assigned by your manager
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to define problems, collect data, analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to manage a broad range of deliverables in an ever-changing environment
- Ability to comprehend documentation clearly and effectively
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical - technical aptitude for developing automation
- College degree preferred
- Detail oriented; demonstrated ability to handle multiple strategic projects and priorities with efficiency and accuracy
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- An inherent drive to solve problems, collaborate with others and mentor team members
- Strong presentation, verbal and written skills as proven with well-written technical, project, client and related communications and presentations
- Basic understanding of OOP coding concepts
- Knowledge of Insurance Industry
- Experience with CA Agile (Rally), SAFe, qTest
Additional Requirements and Details:
- Travel required up to 10% of the time
- Located and working from an office location
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.)
- Frequent sitting and/or standing
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts preemployment drug and background screenings.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.