Python Django Full Stack Engineer
A fast growing and mission-driven tech startup is hiring a senior full-stack Python Django software engineer (with React front end skills) to work on our SaaS platform. We have a small innovation team and will be keeping it that way as all great innovations were created by small teams of committed, brilliant individuals. We have a start-up culture and as such, will be counting on you to come in and be a difference maker. Our ideal candidate takes ownership and has the innate ability to go the extra mile each time, is passionate, has grit and aptitude to build a new business.
This position requires very strong backend development capabilities with full stack as a secondary. You will work with the CTO and as the lead engineer and together with the rest of the team, you will be tasked with building a Software-as-a-Service platform for manufacturers and solving complex problems at scale.
You must be experienced with Django, Django REST, mobile first development strategies, solid PostgreSQL DBMS know how, firm grasp of SQL development and queries, GIT, CI/CD, and ability communicate well in English. If you love a challenge and want to really contribute while fostering your obsessive need for perfect code and user experience, this is the job for you.
Prior experience with SAAS, B2B, manufacturing, and or e-commerce is required.
- Deliver well-crafted software on-time that meets acceptance criteria
- Develop and build out our automated testing framework
- Collaborate with team members and lead discussions of architecture and scale
- Display ownership and responsibility for the projects you choose to work on
- Design scalable services and solve concurrency problems that will meet the demands of our increasing growth
- Help other engineers solve complex issues even when you’re busy with your own projects.
- MS or bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related field
- Professional development experience and expert knowledge of Python, Django, and Django REST with 4+ years of work experience with each.
- Prior experience as a lead or senior engineer or equivalent experience
- Experience with mobile endpoints, back-end development and Django REST
- Strong experienced in Django Backend development and working on projects that involve all phases of the SDLC – from inception to completion.
- Create, implement and edit Django templates with compliant HTML5/CSS3 and use LESS/SASS to organize and make CSS easier to manage
- Help setup and run projects in production environments on Linux (Debian-flavor) with Nginx, Gunicorn, RabbitMQ, Celery, Redis and other tools frequently deployed alongside Django web apps
- Ability to take task from requirements to deployment and experience working on projects that involve all phases of the SDLC – from inception to completion.
- Expert knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming
- Fluency with SQL and DBMS (MySQL and PostgreSQL) and firm grasp of SQL
- Following standards and best practices
- Sense of urgency, and ownership, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Never-ending desire to self-educate in areas of programming and technology
- Proven ability to develop robust, efficient, high-quality and scalable code.
- You’ve used job or message queuing systems at scale
- Perform code reviews and use the gitflow branching model to stay in sync with the team
- Follow agile development methodologies and take part in weekly team scrums and standup meetings
- Experience with a modern UI framework such as React is highly desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work independently and as a team.
- Personality: driven, self-motivated, adaptable, empathetic, energetic, detail-oriented, kind
- You’ve made or contributed to open-source projects and or have your fair share of side projects
- Familiarity with standards and processes outline in Two Scoops of Django
- Familiarity with remote teamwork and expectations towards delivering results consistently and in a timely manner
- Experience with PHP and or WordPress
Compensation and Benefits
MDPPS is a growing is a growing, high performance, challenging and rewarding environment that offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include: comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, 401(k) savings plan, and vacations and holidays.
*No agencies or phone calls, please.
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Employment Type: Full Time or Contract
- Start: Immediately. Must be able to interview in person