We’re looking for a Python Developer who will join a team of developers building and extending internal tooling, including both web applications and APIs, for the Carbon Black Predictive Security Cloud. The Predictive Security Cloud is a big data environment that aggregates data from across millions of customer endpoints and provides that data as input to ML, expert systems analytics and streaming prevention, as well as user analysis by threat researchers and intel analysts. These capabilities in turn power all Carbon Black products.
What You’ll Do
- Build web applications and RESTful APIs with Python 3 using Flask and Tornado.
- Bring a strong sense of empathy for the users of the applications you create and maintain.
- Read, review, and give feedback on other team members' code in a positive and constructive manner.
- Receive feedback in the same positive and constructive manner.
What You’ll Bring
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of Python 3 and awareness of best practices and patterns for Python as it relates to readability, maintainability, and performance.
- Knowledge of Python 3 asyncio is strongly preferred.
- Full stack experience including server side technologies (Docker, Linux), persistence technologies (relational databases, key/value stores, graph databases, etc.), and Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with using Git on the command line.
Why you should join us
Carbon Black is a leading provider of next-generation endpoint security, leveraging breakthrough prevention technology to instantly see and stop cyberattacks before they execute. With more than 13 million endpoints under management, and more than 4000 customers—including 30 of the Fortune 100—the opportunities are massive and exciting. With 1000+ employees, offices across the world, and the best-of-the best tools for collaboration from anywhere, now is an ideal time to become part of the Cb Team. See where you fit best at Lifeatcb.carbonblack.com.
Carbon Black, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer. Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company.
Who We Are
Carbon Black (NASDAQ: CBLK) is a leading provider of next-generation endpoint security delivered via the cloud. Leveraging its big data and analytics cloud platform – the Cb Predictive Security Cloud – Carbon Black consolidates prevention, detection, response, threat hunting and managed services into a single platform with a single agent and single console, making it easier for organizations to consolidate security stacks and achieve better protection. As a cybersecurity innovator, Carbon Black has pioneered multiple endpoint security categories, including application control, endpoint detection and response (EDR), and next-generation antivirus (NGAV) enabling customers to defend against the most advanced threats. More than 4,600 global customers, including one-third of the Fortune 100, trust Carbon Black to keep their organizations safe.