Python Developer in Test - Python (SlingTV)
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, Fox, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
You will be successful in this role if you enjoy doing the following:
- Design, develop, and execute detail oriented automation test scripts and test cases based on product specifications.
- Actively participate in test planning discussions to assure automation coverage is continuously improving.
- Lead discussions to constantly improve test efficiency and scope.
- Collaborate with peer testers and developers to improve testing processes.
- Develop automated test scripts to validate functional, technical, and performance requirements.
- Execute test scripts during internal system testing.
- Document test issues and work with development team to validate/recreate defects.
- Perform retesting and regression testing.
- Analyze root cause of automation test script/case failuresManual testing supplementary to automation.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
You will be successful and considered for this position if you have the following qualificiations:
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related technical degree, or equivalent amount of education and experience
- 2+ years of experience in Software Test or Software Quality Assurance
- 1+ years of experience with Python scripts or automation scripting language
- 1+ years of hands-on experience with test automation using Swift
- 2+ years of experience with some or all phases of testing: Functional, Regression, Integration and Performance Testing
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience in technical problem solving; root cause analysis; and data gathering, analysis, and reporting within a system/software quality assurance discipline
- 1+ years working with Agile or Scaled Agile development practices
- Familiarity with streaming media devices; Roku, Fire, AppleTV, etc
You will stand out as an applicant if you have the following:
- Experience with video distribution
- ISTQB Certification
- Advanced knowledge of Swift, Xcode, Java or Python
- Understands web services (REST) and underlying protocols (HTTP/S,TCP/IP).
- Familiar with ALM, Jenkins, Zephyr
- Experience with Git or other source code repositories
- Highly analytical and thorough in tasks assigned
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Accountable, committed and responsible
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Ability to work under pressure with hard deadlines
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal, communications and planning skills